Bad Guy Sellers Beware of John Franco! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #91
juliasara
Not that I agree with her keeping the money she does offer to refund the $150 in screen shot #18 and it seems like shortly after that he filed a claim putting a hold on her account so she couldn't do it. I agree $300 isn't worth ruining your name, and I would just refund it, but if she must keep some I think a 10% restocking fee is better then keeping the whole $150.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #92
Snake-Queen
Mariah will not be back to defend her position. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455326447.755944.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  181.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455326463.236755.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  197.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #93
AppEcto
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanleigh View Post
On Feb. 2 John Franco contact me about buying a female Chahoua I had for sale.
That's the whole problem right there-apparently you had no female chahoua for sale...just an unsexed gecko with misleading labels all over it. You should do 2 things:
1. Learn from this mistake and advertise more honestly in the future (don't hide your lone "probable female" label in the midst of abundant "she, her, girl" talk).
2. Refund the poor guy and don't throw away whatever reputation and integrity you have for some undeserved cash.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #94
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Mariah will not be back to defend her position. Attachment 768066Attachment 768067

She either deleted this or made posts private now

Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #95
Snake-Queen
She probably made it private so it can't be used against her. We know she is watching this post.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #96
Snake-Queen
If there is any doubt as to the misleading nature of her ad.
(Ignore the crude writing, working on my phone.)
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455341842.760444.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  176.7 KB

Old 02-13-2016, 12:59 AM   #97
vitog123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
If there is any doubt as to the misleading nature of her ad.
(Ignore the crude writing, working on my phone.)
Attachment 768121

Snake-Queen, you seem pretty motivated in this thread...

There is nothing misleading about that ad.
This thread is pretty funny.

Question all you want - the deposit and refund arrangement and TOS - I think the ad is pretty clear for people involved with chahouas and other geckos.

The gecko is being sold as a possible female, is 15 grams with no pores. Seems to qualify for the asking price. If anyone thought it was a male in any way you can cut $300 off the price.

It's considered a female, so the seller can refer to the gecko as a girl all she wants. People buy them with the possibility they turn male all the time and understand the gamble. Personally, I did that 4x this past season and was 3 out of 4.

For that 4th one that turned male, should I be angry with the seller for selling me a possible female turned male? Nope... It's the chance I took.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #98
AppEcto
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitog123 View Post
There is nothing misleading about that ad.
How very incorrect-let me help clue you in. There are 5 feminine nouns/pronouns in the ad and the title says "Female" (not possible, not probable).

Quote:
I think the ad is pretty clear for people involved with chahouas and other geckos.
As someone "involved with chahouas and other geckos," I guess I'm qualified to tell you you're wrong. Regardless, the ad is no less clear for people who don't keep chahoua since everyone is pretty well acquainted with the definition of "female."

Quote:
The gecko is being sold as a possible female, is 15 grams with no pores.
Is it? The title says female. I guess we're ignoring the title though. The second line in the ad just says "poss female." The buyer may have assumed that was a typo and was intended to convey "positively female" since the rest of the ad suggests that to be the case. He did ask about that via private message you know. Why would he do that if the ad was already so clear?

Quote:
It's considered a female, so the seller can refer to the gecko as a girl all she wants.
Why is it considered a female? Because it isn't large enough to show male characteristics regardless of sex. Therefore, referring to the gecko as a female (numerous times) is misleading in this situation.

Quote:
For that 4th one that turned male, should I be angry with the seller for selling me a possible female turned male? Nope... It's the chance I took.
Clearly this buyer didn't want to take that chance. Would you be mad if someone took $150 from you and you got nothing in return? That's a closer analogy to this situation.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:59 AM   #99
vitog123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurreckon View Post
How very incorrect-let me help clue you in. There are 5 feminine nouns/pronouns in the ad and the title says "Female" (not possible, not probable).

As someone "involved with chahouas and other geckos," I guess I'm qualified to tell you you're wrong. Regardless, the ad is no less clear for people who don't keep chahoua since everyone is pretty well acquainted with the definition of "female."

Is it? The title says female. I guess we're ignoring the title though. The second line in the ad just says "poss female." The buyer may have assumed that was a typo and was intended to convey "positively female" since the rest of the ad suggests that to be the case. He did ask about that via private message you know. Why would he do that if the ad was already so clear?

Why is it considered a female? Because it isn't large enough to show male characteristics regardless of sex. Therefore, referring to the gecko as a female (numerous times) is misleading in this situation.

Clearly this buyer didn't want to take that chance. Would you be mad if someone took $150 from you and you got nothing in return? That's a closer analogy to this situation.

Poss = possible to me.
15 gms also means possible to me since pores or bulge can show as late as high 20's (in grams).

The entire situation is up in the air as far as the animals sex goes, the seller calling it a he or a she changes nothing. Both the buyer and seller knew the situation IMO.

The buyer knew exactly what he was getting into, just as everyone else who is buying a gecko that age does. (well, those who follow the species)

Criticize the use of femine nouns/pronouns all you want, its a common occurrence out there in the classifieds. "Likely female" "poss female" "possible female" all those titles and references are followed with "she" a lot.

As for the money, I'm not getting into that. I clicked on this thread and the one point that caught my attention was the "she" /possible female stuff.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:03 AM   #100
Snake-Queen
I'm motivated because what?

I see an unscrupulous seller keeping money that isn't hers.
Even if you want to stick by her TOS, she is then keeping $150 … I think that is called theft. She has no right to keep the $150 payment period. IMO, she shouldn't keep the $150 deposit either.

I have now figured out why the buyer has only disputed the $150 … he sent the second amount as friends & family, he has no recourse for that amount. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455346890.152544.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  198.4 KB

You cannot say possible female while continuing to refer to the gecko as a female, it is dishonest; possible means just that - it is possibly a female, but could be a male; essentially unsexed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!