Inquiry Romnniazs@gmail.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
I received 2 more texts from this person. One asking me to email them about the Gonatodes I have have for sale and the other about Takydromus again. Sent about a half hour apart. This time both came from 319-820-1030. Texts are written the same. I know nothing of this kind of stuff but it seems to me that it is some kind of automated text they send. Again, I sent them a text to F off...
If they're going to be that pushy about it you might as well play along until they send you the fake check. At least that costs them time and money.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
James L
Not a bad idea. If they try a third time from a different number, I will play their game and string them along.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #13
ElexisC
will most likely be a bank of America check, that seems to be a favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #14
GeckoTim
He hit me up about my frogs. Said he was sending a cashiers check. He sent an email today saying that he overpaid me and wanted me to cash it at an ATM or online and send him the overage. I could also keep $50 to "keep it in my favor". That's nice of him. F this guy.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #15
mattie92479
yeah this guy has tried getting me twice (once here and once on Craiglist) ...here is the scam....
1. he contacts you via text or email asking about something you have for sale
2. He then says consider it sold and asks where he can send a money order
3. A couple days later he claims his assistant sent the wrong money order for a much larger amount and asks you to send him the difference
4. The money order arrives for 5 or 6 hundred more than your asking price
5. He asks you to deposit it and send him the overpayment
6. The money order is fake, but an untrained eye would think it was real....little did he know I am in law enforcement

If not sure, always take to bank for verification...because you will be held responsible if you try to cash or deposit fake money orders or checks....
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #16
James L
Wow, what a scam. Did you look up the address it was sent from? Figured this is was an overseas scam operation.
This person or people will definitely end up being caught.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #17
Bruce Tague
Possible scam

Hi. I also received emails from this guy? WL same email. Was interested in my coral glow het Pied male told him it was sold. Asked if anything else for sale. Told him I had a GHI male hatchling for sale $200. Plus shipping. Never received a name. Several other emails. Said he wanted the snake. Would send payment asap. Would add $50. To consider him sold. Kept telling him I needed his contact info and zip code for shipping quote. Never got it. Then this am, he says he's sending a cashiers check but his assistant sent to much money and wanted me to refund him the balance back to him. He wrote....once I received the payment to go ahead and deposit it via ATM machine or via online mobile deposit. "Make sure you follow my instruction, deduct your money and send back my balance to me then we proceed with pick up arrangement. I really hope I can trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at ease Thanks." No name or address. Have not received any cashiers check. Sounds Like a SCAM to me too. Bruce Tague.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #18
Bruce Tague
Scam

Here's the latest e mail from this am.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #19
mattie92479
oh it is a scam...these scammers are getting better and better producing fake money orders...like I said it appears very real until you check all the security validations...watermarks etc....it is the latest scam going around

Old 04-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
ElexisC
I just got this, the wording is EXACTLY the same, maybe another email to add to the list?

Name:  Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-33-19.png
Views: 224
Size:  92.8 KB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!