Info MIKE FEZDEN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Alterna Ranch
MIKE FEZDEN

I thought I'd move this argument to the BOI. Mike Fezden has an ad under king and milksnakes for leucistic Gray Banded Kingsnakes. THESE ARE NOT TRUE ALTERNA. They were originally created by Baubel about 10 years ago. It was claimed that they just popped out of one clutch, yet they were never produced again from that same breeding which means the parents were not het for leucistic. In his ad, Mike states you do not see these in the US....true cause anyone who keeps, collects and knows the history of alterna, know full well this is a lab created snake, not a pure alterna. I have collected alterna since 1969. I found my first one on the trail to Casa Grande in Big Bend National Park. Of course, we looked at it and left it alone. It was the first one I ever saw and I was hooked. Since 1969 I have collected over 850 alterna and have lived in Val Verde County, Texas for the past 13 years. My collection of alterna currently numbers 328 - all either collected by me or ch by me from my wild collected. I have alterna from every known locale, several not commonly known and from Saltillo, Mexico off MX 57. I also have the only known wild caught albino alterna. I had mDNA run on it and it came back alterna. I still think it is a cross between annulata and alterna, thus I have not marketed it to the public. It is common knowledge among those of us who are alterna freaks that Mexican Milksnakes will breed with Gray Banded Kingsnakes. Several of us have collected these. Troy Hibbits collected a dark phase alterna morph right in front of me in the rain on Hwy 277 south of Loma alta in 2004 and when mDNA testing was done - it came back that the father of that snake was an annulata. In addition, all mexican forms will readily breed with just about anything - they are that prolific. Frank Retes was crossing them in the 70's with other mexicana forms cause I was in his house and saw them. Look at the pics in Mr. Fezdens ad of the ones he is selling, then look at the one Stu tried to sell. You can clearly see what will pop out at some point is an alterna that just does not look quite right. I do not think or claim that Mike Fezden is a "bad guy" or a scammer, but he believes these to be legit. If you are going to claim a new morph and there is doubt - you should do the DNA to prove it. The price on these alterna justifies DNA testing. You be the judge by the photos. Look at the top right "alterna" in the photo - not pure!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
kingpinreptiles
Its sad you cant even spell my name right no matter how many times you stalk my ads. I said all I had to say to you in my ad for the Leucistic Gray Bandeds. Just because your fauna name is "Alterna Ranch" doesnt mean youre an expert on them, everybody knows youre far from a good guy, and your many attempts to hurt my name have done no good so far. So keep it up buddy, good luck with your criminal charges!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
How much is DNA testing?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Alterna Ranch
DNA Testing

DNA testing on reptiles is typically FREE, so no excuse not to do it. Rob at Nevada State would do it for free.

I am an expert on alterna Mikey. You know anyone that has collected over 850 of them? NO! You don't. You know anyone that for 40+ years has produced over 200 a year during that time? NO! You don't. All you got Mikey is to bad mouth me. You know nothing about alterna cause you've NEVER collected one. You are one of these guys that buys into new, rare, high dollar reptiles cause you are a hack that has more money then you have sense. That does not make you a reptile expert or even a decent herpetologist. Say what you want about me, but at the end of the day - your "leucistic" alterna are garbage hybrids - nothing more and I still have one of the best private collections of reptiles in America. Don't think so - go look at my FB page to view it. You got any willardi obscurus? Nope. And San Francisco Garters? Nope. Any zonata herrerae? Nope. All of the mexican montane crotalus except eric smithi, campbelli and lanomi? Got any of these? Nope. And I just got Fiji Iggies into Mexico legally imported. Got any of those? Nope and in America - you never will! So go try to sell your garbage kingsnake, cornsnake and alterna morphs to the unsuspecting reptile community and keep bad mouthing me cause it's all you got.

DNA TESTING IS FREE - so put up or shut up Mikey and as stated before - I'll eat crow if they prove out to be legit.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #5
kingpinreptiles
Dont think collecting them makes you any kind of expert. Quit being so butthurt because you dont have one, and buy one, I certainly have NOTHING to prove to you. Feel free to end your obsession with me because its getting to be a little weird.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
this is a lab created snake
What specific lab?

Old 04-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
DNA testing on reptiles is typically FREE
Funny.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #8
amazingreptiles4u
To funny Mike

Old 04-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterna Ranch View Post
DNA testing on reptiles is typically FREE, so no excuse not to do it. Rob at Nevada State would do it for free.
Hm ... free DNA testing?
Well if that's the case, Mike, why don't you do it? It would shut him up.

Is it tested Like boas, via shed skin?

Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #10
tlmoon
Robert, what is your motivation in posting this? Public service announcement? Personal grudge?

I don't know either one of you, but I don't see any evidence posted. Lists of other species that you have is irrelevant. Certainly you've collected a lot of snakes, but that's evidence of what? It seems like you are pointing out that if these morphs existed, you would know. But by that logic - I've never seen an albino corn snake in the wild. Therefore, the albino corn snakes for sale out there are frauds. That logic just doesn't work.

Mike doesn't have to prove anything to you. If you don't like leucistic kings then don't get one (yes, I am being somewhat purposely obtuse, but to make a point).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!