question about "zig-zag" corns - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-29-2003, 09:45 PM   #11
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
Old pic of the male zigzag snubbed by my amel female. He's from the female shown above and a normally patterned snow...making him double het snow. He's 3 yrs old in this pic, but he was a slow grower. He's bigger now that he had a nice growth spurt this summer.

Old 12-29-2003, 09:54 PM   #12
One more...my amel zigzag female that's really picky about her mates. She is also het snow so when she does decide to accept the above male, they should (hopefully) produce a variety of offspring. My only other hope lies in some '02 hatchlings...this female's amel pictured earlier and 2 female snows with a little zigzag pattern (F3 generation totally outcrossed from original zigzags).

Old 12-30-2003, 10:13 PM   #13
cka
beautiful pics, and more great info...your female looks caramel-ish (maybe the pic?) ...thanks for the time and input and please keeps us (well, maybe just me lol) updated on your results with them

Old 01-03-2004, 09:32 PM   #14
Thanks for the compliments! Gosh! I WISH she was caramel, but no, it's a little bit the pic, but mostly that she just doesn't have the darker red/orange in her coloration. She's out of a pair of wild-caught corns and about half of the wild corns I've seen in this area of Florida are similar in coloration. We do have some real beauties locally in the wild, but generally, I would have to say that the wild corns here are definately NOT up to "Okeetee-type" standards.

And I'll try to keep you updated on my zigzag project. It's one of my favorites because of the variability of results. If you breed a motley to a motley, you know you'll get motley offspring. But with zigzags...every egg is a surprise!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!