Wow, 3 new mutations from www.ballpythons.de - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #21
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps

10k for an uproven is not an overly high price across the board of species.

With the way the ball market is 10k is cheap. 5 years ago it would have been 250k!

thanks
ben
I totally agree with this statement Ben, new unproven possible MORPHS are still in high demand and there are many waiting for the chance to buy these.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #22
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
I totally agree with this statement Ben, new unproven possible MORPHS are still in high demand and there are many waiting for the chance to buy these.
Yes, but they don't want the free worms that come with them.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps
(side note is anyone else disturbed by the amount of used car salesmen in the bp world!).

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&postcount=35

Old 11-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #24
bcherps
Hey,

Love the link!

I thought the free worms were like the special bonus-like when the cereal box says 10% more free!LOL

Although seriously, on one hand I have no compassion for some buyers who accidently/incidentally let thier animals perish due to parasites/common ailments. In all other facets of animal keeping from cats, to dogs, to horses, etc etc etc we give them yearly shots, regular flea treatments, and nutrient supplimented food. To not do this for our reptilian pets is a form of neglect.

A vet visit, fecal testing/worming, and anti-mite treatment should be part of the quarantine cycle by the owner. Books and internet searches on your pets needs should be done before sending the seller a paypal, but often isn't. General acclimation time is also a big issue with me. I have seen it dozens of times of when the animal is newly bought at a show it is carried around for hours until it is so exhausted it is limp, then it is stressed by the every ten minute playtime at the new home, and then in two weeks when the animal is started to show signs of a condition/disease the animal is now ignored (as the newness has worn off) and the animal is simple found dead or past the point of no return.

But I digress,

thanks
ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!