Two boas FREE to a good home... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
Hari
Two boas FREE to a good home...

Hello, I would post this in the classified section however I'm not selling them but giving them aways as rescue. This is the situation:

2003 BCI female 6ft: I bought her at a reptile show a year ago. Beautiful boa (circle back ladder tail), but she has regurging every other meal since purchase. She is about 6ft so I had her on 1 XL rat every 10 days, but I have even tried mediums and she has regurged them. I need someone who has the time to nurse her back to health.

2001 BCI female het albino 8ft: I bought her here on Fauna, but she has not eaten for me in the 4 months since I got her. She also wheezes when breathing (respiratory infection maybe?) . Both these issues have been present since I bought her; they did not happen under my care.

I guess I have had bad luck with my last two purchases. I have five other boas that have been healthy with NO problems for years so it's hard taking care of two boa that are sick from the jump. These are FREE to a good home! I live in Atlanta, GA and local pickup is preferred.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
garweft
There is an adoptions forum here

This will probably be moved there eventually. I am sorry to hear that you had bad luck with those two. You shouldn't have too much of a problem placing them.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft
There is an adoptions forum here

This will probably be moved there eventually. I am sorry to hear that you had bad luck with those two. You shouldn't have too much of a problem placing them.
Thanks, I just posted the thread over there. Here is the new link for anyone looking: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...235#post497235

Old 03-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Leighanne
So who off Fauna did you buy the one from? I might post about it on the BOI.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
if you did not have the dealings with those animals, or the seller or buyer, i would refrain from posting about these animals yourself. Let the OP post the story, if he or she feels they should.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
Thanks for the thought. I decided against blasting the seller because he did inform me that the boa had problems IN THE PAST. They were supposedly cured, but he sold the boa at a reduced price ($600). I chalk it up to "get what you pay for".

Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
clark
how is the tempermant of the 2003 bci?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
how is the tempermant of the 2003 bci?
This thread is 2 years old. I highly doubt they are still available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread