Info Bad Hets = Bad Ending to Trade with Scott Werner/Hunter325. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
RyanT
Bad Hets = Bad Ending to Trade with Scott Werner/Hunter325.

I was contacted by Scott Werner last week about doing a trade for my '09 male Cinny, female Pastel and female Normal for his '09 male Fire and pair of "het" Clowns. We only live about 50 miles apart so we arranged to meet halfway this past Saturday morning (9/26/09). We met and exchanged animals, he seemed like a cool guy. Explained that he was attempting to get started with breeding and this will be his first year hoping to produce eggs.

I made sure he had paperwork when he first initiated the trade. He said he got the "het" Clowns and another adult female het Albino from his "bud" who had gotten them at a recent show in NY. He said he'd see what he could do and had the paperwork in hand by the next day. He posted pics of the animals and the paperwork in my ad, which he has now gone ahead and deleted.

Anyway, during our in-person exchange he showed me how the "het" Clowns had flames and spots indicating they were indeed hets. He had said he's pretty new at this, so I didn't say anything. People can believe whatever they want. I figured as long as the paperwork was legit, that's all that matters.

So I get the animals home. The Fire is a great snake, no question about that. However, I notice that neither of the "hets" actually match the picture on the paperwork...so I weighed them. They weigh 40 and 45 grams. The paperwork states they were purchased on 9/13/09 and weighed 75 and 81 grams at that time. So they've lost half their weight in 13 days? Big red flag! I contacted Scott immediately and told him about the problem. He claimed he got them from his "bud" and he would contact him and get back to me. No response so I texted him again yesterday asking what he planned to do, because no matter what it was obvious that these weren't the right animals and we would have to meet to do some type of exchange regardless. I said we could trade back completely or just work out something on the bogus hets.

Long story short, he got pissy and said he got them from his wonderful "bud", I'm the second person to start bitching AFTER the trade from Fauna, and hey, "$hit happens". I told him it's not my problem that his "bud" ripped him opff and I would be posting on the BOI if he didn't take care of this problem that is now HIS problem. No response since yesterday, so here we go. He also seems to think that since just the Fire alone is worth as much as what I was listing my trio for, that he's really done nothing wrong by passing off phony hets...like I want a pair of Normals, and I wasn't looking for a Fire. I only did the trade for the "het" Clowns.

So basically, Scott Werner/Hunter325 is another lowlife out there starting off VERY badly in this hobby. The Fire is good, I will say that. But obviously him and his little "bud" aren't real into honesty, so DON'T trust his hets. He said I can say whatever I want because this will be his last trade over the internet, so if you run into him at a show, his most recognizable trait is that he has no front teeth. My guess would be rotted out by chewing tobacco...or meth. Buyer beware.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
RyanT
FYI, just got a text from Scott. His "bud's" name is Daryl Willman from Reading, PA.

Also forgot to add that when I mentioned trading everything back completely, he claimed he's already traded the Cinny and Normal female...overnight. And he just told me he's asked several breeders what they would do and they told him that if I thought it was BS at the time of the trade, I shouldn't have done the trade.

I'll admit, I don't deal with Recessives and this is actually the first time I can ever recall getting hets of any kind. MY mistake was not weighing them on the spot, and trusting Scott and his phony paperwork. Regardless, it's now on HIM to fix and he definitely doesn't appear to be willing to do that.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
RyanT
Most recent quote from Scott, "I can give a f*ck about the BOI. So f*ckin what u posted, it aint hurtin me none. So quit ur bitchin, im tired of hearing it." end quote

Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
alexestrada17
ryan,

Did you look at the paper work with the pictures of the heterozygous animals and compare the pictures with the actual animals right on the spot when you did the initial trade?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
RyanT
Alejandro, no I didn't. Just took his word for it that it was legit. My fault, I know. Like I said, I have zero experience with Recessives, I only deal with co-doms.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
They weigh 40 and 45 grams. The paperwork states they were purchased on 9/13/09 and weighed 75 and 81 grams at that time. So they've lost half their weight in 13 days? Big red flag!
That is seriously low weights for hatchling BP's, good luck getting them started Ryan.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
RyanT
Thanks Ed. I know, I should have noticed...

Old 09-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
FYI, just got a text from Scott. His "bud's" name is Daryl Willman from Reading, PA.
I guess he has 2 "buds" that supply his snakes from the same show then, because in the other thread, http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=148231,
he claims "my buddys name is louy vaelez" (post #10), and "louy valez or louie" (post #11).

Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
RyanT
Yeah, I noticed that too, Laura. Here's the link to another thread about him from just a few days ago regarding the exact same animals. The 2 threads definitely compliment each other for a well-rounded story.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=148231

Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
Willow
Ryan that sucks =(

i like alot of different ressesives but im always jumpy about hets

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!