Good Guy kris harris (kwh74) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #21
hhmoore
I'm sure you know I'm aware of the potential, lol...but I'm going to watch for a day or 3. I've seen the streaking of sepsis before (heck, I've had it on my foot, after a good monitor bite, lol) - this is similar, but seems slightly different. (I'm not backpedaling on my previous comment, just acknowledging that it isn't definite). The snake did put up a pretty strong fuss, so its not on death's door...it could just be something relatively minor. I'm hoping that upping the temps and minimizing stress will do the trick. I'll give it another thorough look Sunday or Monday, and give my vet a call after that (if appropriate).
Of course, Kris has been here, but had nothing to say...didn't even answer the question I've posed to him twice. I suspect it's a waste of finger movement, but I'm going to ask another question...
Kris, how long has it been since this snake ate?

If this does turn out to be something serious, I'll be starting a new thread...somehow, posting all this under the heading of "Good Guy" seems misleading. I'd hate to think that people are just glancing at the title and thinking, Hmm, this good guy thread has over 20 posts...he must be okay to deal with.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
VAsnakeman12
I'd like to chime in.

I'd like to first off say that I am sorry to hear about Harold's experience.

I'd also like to say I have MET Kris, and he is a real guy, a nice guy, and has fantastic looking animals.

That said, I do have a bone to pick with him.

I purchased some of his normal females, and a mojave male several weeks ago. He agreed to hold his bumblebee male for me until I was able to get the money. I put up some of my animals for sale (including a spider male, to be replaced) in anticipation for this transaction. I contacted him explaining I had the money (via texting), but never heard back (this was over a week ago), I then called him, and he answered, explaining his phone had been off, and he never got my text. He said he would call me back the next day. He never did. I then called him, left him a message, texted, and messaged him. Days passed and I never heard back. I saw he was very active on the forums (including dealing with Harold) but didn't have time to respond to my attempts to contact him. He was well aware of the fact that buyers were on hold as far as buying my animals.

Kris, I just want to know why I have not heard back from you. I sold snakes, and personal items with the intention of purchasing your animal, and this is what I'm left with.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
VAsnakeman12
*By "messaged him", I mean on fauna (PM).

Old 11-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
VAsnakeman12
Nevermind, I just heard back from him. Understandable circumstances.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #25
hhmoore
No big surprise - still no comment to Kris, and he does monitor this thread.

How much trouble is it to inform a person how long it has been since the snake (he purchased from you for $1300) has eaten?? Why refuse to divulge that information, unless a true answer might indicate a problem?

I know Kris doesn't care, but for any of you contemplating a purchase from him - I initiated antibiotics Sunday night, after cleaning more caseous matter out of those same spots in its mouth. There is what appears to be a rodent bite on its back - healed - that I'm considering a possible/probable source of infection. It is pale pink in color, and has some pink/red speckling around it - in the best image I could get, it was still barely perceivable to me...and by the time I shrunk it to a size that could be posted here, I couldn't see it.
I'm not going to bother posting here again, unless the animal dies; in which case I will be posting a new thread (as mentioned in a previous post).

Buyers Beware - I'd recommend taking your money elsewhere. Purchase from sombebody that cares!!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
hhmoore
oops
Quote:
No big surprise - still no comment to Kris, and he does monitor this thread.
Should have read: still no comment FROM Kris

Old 12-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
How is the Pied doing, Harald?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #28
hhmoore
Still being treated with ABX.
The situation seems to be improving.

As far as I'm concerned, successful treatment of the snake will not make Kris any less of a BAD GUY (yeah, I've changed my mind about that label since I first posted in this thread - I think it fits, now)...so, as much as I appreciate the concern and interest, I would prefer NOT bump his good guy thread to discuss this. I'll PM you with details.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
How is the Pied doing, Harald?
Dead...not surprised, particularly, but definitely displeased. And, still, no response from Kris. What a _______ _______.
*Pics posted in the other thread.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #30
bradleymoore
aside from the fact that the couple i've got from him are still thriving and doing extremely well, this bothers me and i'd remove the good guy part regardless of my transaction because of this outcome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!