Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #171
todeyius
He won't show up here because he has nothing to defend. It's not like people are accusing him of having accidents or anything he can dispute. He is intentionally committing fraud. Thats his plan. Bobby will show up to explain his side of the story right after the exiled Nigerian prince who always emails asking for your social security number so he can wire 30 million dollars to your account. It's basically the same thing at this point.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #172
Adam87
WOW this really sucks, iv been slimming down on bp's so i can get room for a Tegu. Bobby's name and company came up every time i did research on breeders as a " great guy with great animals" and all that. What a shame!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #173
wtaffet
Go to teguterra and talk to johnny larocca top notch guy i just got a chacoan baby from him hes awesome super nice guy and great communication

Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #174
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtaffet View Post
Go to teguterra and talk to johnny larocca top notch guy i just got a chacoan baby from him hes awesome super nice guy and great communication
Not the place for advertising. You can PM with info of that nature.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #175
hhmoore
[color="Blue"]Mr Taffet - as I said in post 139 - this thread is about Bobby Hill, and it is not appropriate to post remarks about other sellers here./COLOR]

Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #176
hhmoore
I hate not being able to edit

Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #177
wtaffet
sorry my bad

Old 10-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #178
ZachClapperton
I paid for a black and white and a red tegu in September 2011 ($350). In June, I was told that they would be hatching soon. In August, I was told that he was out of red tegus and if I wanted an extreme giant or all american I could send another $75. I was set on getting a red tegu so told Bobby I would like a refund. He told me to send an email with details so I did. I was suppose to get a black and white tegu and a $200 refund for the red tegu. I sent the same email a few times over the course of a couple weeks starting on August 12th. I never got a response so I called again and Bobby told me he had been busy, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was patient. More time passed and still nothing so I called him again. He said he was still busy and that he would try to send a money order soon. About 10 days ago I called and left a message with no response. Last monday I sent an email and left another message and still no response. A friend of mine emailed him last tuesday as well and got a response in less than 12 hours. I called again wednesday morning and left another message. I know Bobby is getting my messages and/or emails because he has responded to other people. I am a very patient person but am really pissed off at this point. I've called Saturday and today and left messages saying that I'd just like an extreme giant tegu since I have sent $350. That way he doesn't have to send an refund, just a tegu. Still no response. Paypal and my bank have told me that it has been too long to dispute it.I am out $350 and Bobby is dodging all of my calls and emails. It appears there is nothing I can really do but hopefully this thread will save someone else from being scammed out of their money!!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #179
Reptizen
Zach,

I'm really sorry as I am for everyone out here. I am pretty sure he is only responding to anyone he can get additional money or fresh money out of at this point. As I had the exact same experience as you, I can only hope that you at least get your money. Thank for posting though in hopes more people read this BEFORE sending him money. I know I didn't.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #180
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachClapperton View Post
I paid for a black and white and a red tegu in September 2011 ($350). In June, I was told that they would be hatching soon. In August, I was told that he was out of red tegus and if I wanted an extreme giant or all american I could send another $75. I was set on getting a red tegu so told Bobby I would like a refund. He told me to send an email with details so I did. I was suppose to get a black and white tegu and a $200 refund for the red tegu. I sent the same email a few times over the course of a couple weeks starting on August 12th. I never got a response so I called again and Bobby told me he had been busy, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was patient. More time passed and still nothing so I called him again. He said he was still busy and that he would try to send a money order soon. About 10 days ago I called and left a message with no response. Last monday I sent an email and left another message and still no response. A friend of mine emailed him last tuesday as well and got a response in less than 12 hours. I called again wednesday morning and left another message. I know Bobby is getting my messages and/or emails because he has responded to other people. I am a very patient person but am really pissed off at this point. I've called Saturday and today and left messages saying that I'd just like an extreme giant tegu since I have sent $350. That way he doesn't have to send an refund, just a tegu. Still no response. Paypal and my bank have told me that it has been too long to dispute it.I am out $350 and Bobby is dodging all of my calls and emails. It appears there is nothing I can really do but hopefully this thread will save someone else from being scammed out of their money!!
Texas has a particularly strong consumer protection law called the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. In some situations you can get triple damages, attorney fees , and other costs. Small claims court in Texas is easy to navigate and not expensive to use.
I'd file, marshall your evidence, and bring a copy of this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard