breeding question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
abubbae
breeding question

hi

I have one male and one female in separate tanks. I want to breed them. I put the female in w/ the male two different time and he attacked her both times! Why did this happen? How is it suppose to work? Help!

Also, the male seems very violent. He tries to bite me. My female is chill, she just crawls on my arm and shirt, both are around 8 months old.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
Wilomn
what exactly are they and how is that you are positive they are male and female?

Sounds like two males if you're talking about kings or corns

Can you post pics of the ventral side of their tails?

Sorry didn't realize I was in the Leopard Gecko Forum

Tail pictures would still help as it does sound like typical male behaviour

Old 03-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
hmmm...

It sounds like you may have two males. What happens when you put the male in the female's enclosure?

Old 03-29-2004, 10:47 PM   #4
abubbae
I haven't tried to put the male in w/ the female..he tries to bite me everytime I get close to him.

Sometimes he stands against the glass and I can see his preanal pores, also he made a crazy rattlesnake noise when the female was introduced.

There are no pores on the other(female) and it never did the rattlesnake thing.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
KelliH
When you say he attacked her, do you mean he bit her neck, back or tail? If so, that is normal breeding behaviour. You should watch very carefully the next time you put them together though, it sounds like you have a fairly aggressive male, and sometimes they can physically injure a female if she isn't "in the mood".

Old 03-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #6
abubbae
thank you, i will try again, watching them closely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!