survey Is it a male? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
riverjop
top view

top view
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2004, 04:31 PM   #12
diablohogs
Question purchased from Ric?

yet another leo that resembles Rics line of super hypo tangerines. i still believe its a female. great looking girl.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:23 PM   #13
Sybella
Hmm...I see what you mean about the broadness in features. I'll stick with my (slow developing) male guess.

You will come back and tell us once you know for sure, right?

Old 03-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #14
Golden Gate Geckos
Hmmmmm.....

If I were to guess based on the head/neck, I might change my mind and say it's a "he".

Old 03-31-2004, 01:36 AM   #15
riverjop
good guess!

he/she was from Ric C. good guess....but im sure it was more than just a guess!!! unreal!!! LOL
and I will keep everyone posted when and if HE lays an egg!.....LOL

Old 03-31-2004, 02:38 PM   #16
diablohogs
Wink not really a guess

i have two females i purchased from him back in september. they have a certain look to them thats hard to mistake. i have already bred them both and have had my first hatchlings hatch this past month from a pairing of one of the females i bought from him and a hines/albey male i picked up from marcia at GGG. if you want to see some offspring you can goto this thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&pagenumber=1

I'm sure whatever Ric sold it as, is exactly what it is. Shes just a big girl (im assuming he sold it as a female...).

if you breed her soon i have my other female from Rics line (looks alot more like the one you have than Lillie) that just started laying eggs, maybe we can swap a hatchling or something. either way i wish you best of luck with her (him?) and by the looks of her you wont need too much luck.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
diablohogs
Post hmmm...

i checked out his phototime account and seen the gecko that was sold to you being advertised as a male. based on that i say its pretty safe to say thats what it is. Strange that other males arent trying to attack him rather than mate with him. Try putting him with a (mature) female and see if his tail vibrates, if it does than its pretty safe to say hes a male. Have you spoken to Ric about this?

Old 03-31-2004, 04:43 PM   #18
riverjop
No...I haven't......

But it's not really a problem to me! I would just like to know?
As for mature females he has been with at least six some proven breeders. And never not once did he even remotely act like a male. So I decided to put him with one of my males and that male was trying to bite him and had the vibrating tail thing going on, then he actually was trying to mate with him (winston). So!!!! Im clue-less ! He (winston) is now and has been for three days in a group of four females and one other male with no other problems between (winston) and the male.
So Im thinking maybe he IS a she. time will tell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!