Good news! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
audrypayne
Good news!

Hey y'all. You've gotta check this out. We are in for some outstanding shows!
http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/
This website has been updated. Here's what it says.

South Carolina Update: The Repticon team is thrilled to announce the acquisition of the Southern
Exotics and Reptile Convention (SERC) operated by the Elrod family in South Carolina. Over the past
year and a half the Elrods have built a reputation for fantastic vendor service and have put together
shows with outstanding vendor lists throughout South Carolina. We are very excited to welcome the
Elrods and the entire SERC family to the Repticon team, and we will be working closely with them to
produce first-class shows in South Carolina. The consolidation of the SERC shows and the South
Carolina Reptile & Exotic Animal Show will help reduce duplication of shows in South Carolina, leading
to higher quality shows for vendors and guests alike. We are close to finalizing plans for the next
South Carolina Reptile & Exotic Animal Show - check back soon for details.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
JMExotics
Can't wait for the first show to be announced......... it's killing me!

Old 05-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
MohrSnakes
Finally! There might be some stability to the Southeast Show market. I hope no one new enters the market around here as the last thing we need is another show promoter! Looks like we are down to Repticon and Upper Works. It'll be interesting....

Old 05-26-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
eric adrignola
And Gila productions - how can anyone forget Alex?

I think it's good. Less stepping on toes, less direct, same-market competition, no hateful infighting... it might take a while to stabilize, but I think the show industry in the SE is going to be really nice, fairly soon.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric adrignola
And Gila productions - how can anyone forget Alex?

I think it's good. Less stepping on toes, less direct, same-market competition, no hateful infighting... it might take a while to stabilize, but I think the show industry in the SE is going to be really nice, fairly soon.

Eric, I think Jeff was just talking about South Carolina. As far as stepping on toes and hateful fighting........we will see

Old 05-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
MohrSnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMExotics
Eric, I think Jeff was just talking about South Carolina. As far as stepping on toes and hateful fighting........we will see

YEP!!! I didn't mention Alex because he is in the stable NC market and from what I hear puts on really great shows. No one really fights up there and new promoters stay out. The SC market has been war zone. In a little over a year there has been 4 different promoter groups with their various shows. And all got hurt buy the squabling.

I hope the SC market really does stabilize...we could really use it. I've talked to too many customers and vendors that want to skip the whole SC thing. Something really needs to be done. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
audrypayne
With Tony out of the picture, things can only get better. I think that SERC & Repticon joining forces will be one of the best things that have happened in the southeast. And the shows don't crowd out Alex. He doesn't have any in SC & Ga.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
With Tony out of the picture, things can only get better. I think that SERC & Repticon joining forces will be one of the best things that have happened in the southeast. And the shows don't crowd out Alex. He doesn't have any in SC & Ga.

Agreed that there is no conflict in those markets. My hope is that the possible conflict in the Tampa region (i.e. Clearwater) is taken care of in a professional manner. We certainly don't need to continue 4 shows in that market. That kind of splintering helps no one.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #9
Southerncat
Thumbs up Thank You All for your encouragement

We here at SERC are very excited and believe that this merger will be great for SC and the reptile industry. We would like to say that SC shows WILL be VENOMOUS INCLUDED shows. SERC Staff with the help of John Pullian and OZ will enforce Venomous Protocol at all SC shows. Also SERC staff will be in charge of Sercurity at these shows.

With everyone's help this could be the beginning of wonderful shows for SC.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!