High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 65 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #641
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I think most tax assessors don't include sheds that are up on cinder blocks. If it was on a proper foundation, then it would be considered a perm. building and taxed. My dad bought a large shed (10x25 I think) several years ago and he originally wanted it set on a poured concrete floor, but it was recommended to him to have it put up on cinderblocks instead so that it would be considered a temp. structure (not taxed) and not a perm. building (taxed).
This is actually kind of a grey area. Even if you put a shed on cinderblocks, it can be considered a permanent structure if it has electricity and water run to it. Depends on the mood of the assessor or inspector who looks at it.

If you put a shed on a poured foundation, then it does need to be permited, and will be added to the assessor's records.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #642
Suncoast Herpetological
Guys

While I agree that David is undoubtedly Damon and that some of Dan's statements have been less than accurate to the point of being misleading, I have to say that you guys have pretty much driven the "Building = Shed = Facility" discussion into the ground. My first "facility" was a 10 X 10 enclosed screen porch. My next one was a 14 X 27 1 car garage. That one is now my growout / baby room and nursery. Right off the top of my head, I can name 6 very well known name breeders who make a nice living off of their animals whose "facilities" would not meet with the definition of the word a few of you have lent to it. A couple of them have international reputations. I am talking about insulated sheds, walled off sections of barns, garages with window shakers, and converted 2nd or third bedrooms.

The definition of "facility" is extremely subjective. Just because someone thinks of a "facility" as a large commercial building does not mean that everyone does. I currently have my breeders in a detached two car garage that measures 45 X 48. When someone comes over who operates on a much smaller level, they are impressed as hell. Conversely, I doubt Mark Bell or Gourmet Rodent would feel the same.

With so many other glaring points to aim at in this thread, I think this one counts as a complete non issue and is somewhat condescending to those who do not operate out of 20,000 sq ft warehouses.

Just my opinion though

Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #643
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Guys

While I agree that David is undoubtedly Damon and that some of Dan's statements have been less than accurate to the point of being misleading, I have to say that you guys have pretty much driven the "Building = Shed = Facility" discussion into the ground. My first "facility" was a 10 X 10 enclosed screen porch. My next one was a 14 X 27 1 car garage. That one is now my growout / baby room and nursery. Right off the top of my head, I can name 6 very well known name breeders who make a nice living off of their animals whose "facilities" would not meet with the definition of the word a few of you have lent to it. A couple of them have international reputations. I am talking about insulated sheds, walled off sections of barns, garages with window shakers, and converted 2nd or third bedrooms.

The definition of "facility" is extremely subjective. Just because someone thinks of a "facility" as a large commercial building does not mean that everyone does. I currently have my breeders in a detached two car garage that measures 45 X 48. When someone comes over who operates on a much smaller level, they are impressed as hell. Conversely, I doubt Mark Bell or Gourmet Rodent would feel the same.

With so many other glaring points to aim at in this thread, I think this one counts as a complete non issue and is somewhat condescending to those who do not operate out of 20,000 sq ft warehouses.

Just my opinion though

Old 01-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #644
Dave Lawson
I sent the photo and news artical to Oackdale and there is not question about it David is Damon according to a person living in Oakdale.

These people do not like what they have read in the artical but what they plan to do (if anything other then make the police awhere of it) I do not know. But I do know that a convicted felon MUST REPORT TO THE LOCAL POLICE DEPT WHEN MOVING TO A NEW TOWN. Since Damon is convicted of a capital offence he should also have a probation officer. So maybe yet another visit to the grey bar hotel is in his future.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #645
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson
Since Damon is convicted of a capital offence he should also have a probation officer. So maybe yet another visit to the grey bar hotel is in his future.
How can one be given/assigned a probation officer for a conviction when one has failed to appear in court to be convicted and chose instead to make a run for it and left the state?

Old 01-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #646
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
But I do know that a convicted felon MUST REPORT TO THE LOCAL POLICE DEPT WHEN MOVING TO A NEW TOWN. Since Damon is convicted of a capital offence he should also have a probation officer. So maybe yet another visit to the grey bar hotel is in his future.
Well, unless it is some local ordinance, this simply is not true. It is totally dependent upon the offense. Sex offenders, for example, are required to register their address when ever and where ever they locate, but not so with other felonious crimes, guilty and served time or not.
If he was actually sentenced, and did time, he would have had a Parole officer when released, but that only lasts as long as they (the board of Parole) deem necessary. Than he's a free man again, with a record of course.

But, I'll almost guarantee state ID to be a requirement almost everywhere once you hit 18. And if not able to produce one, (this happened to me once) they haul you down to run your finger prints through NCIC. Of course, would still depend on local laws on identification.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Rick

Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #647
Dave Lawson
On a capital offence such as murder and manslauter on parole or not you must regester with any police station at any new town you move to. As far as the Az. charges go you are currect, since he ran like a little girl he will have a warrent but it will only be served/inforced if he goes back to Az. Because the charges are a misdermener and since he served his time and is not on parole or probation he did not violate anything.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #648
Torin
Quote:
On a capital offence such as murder and manslauter on parole or not you must regester with any police station at any new town you move to. As far as the Az. charges go you are currect, since he ran like a little girl he will have a warrent but it will only be served/inforced if he goes back to Az. Because the charges are a misdermener and since he served his time and is not on parole or probation he did not violate anything.
While there are some states that require it, the majority do not unless is a sex crime.

http://www.interstatecompact.org/res...gistration.pdf

Also, given that manslaughter doesn't have the death penalty as a punishment, it isn't a captial crime.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #649
DavidBeard
HEH has a [sarcasm]GREAT looking[/sarcasm] Retic for sale right now on Kingsnake. I guess you pay exra for scars nowadays.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #650
juggalo
I just went and looked at that and that thing looks rough

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart