New Arrivals (Planned and Unplanned) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Donald C
New Arrivals (Planned and Unplanned)

So... I've ended up picking up 4 new rat snakes this month. For the planned pickups, I purchased 1.1 locality O.t. ridleyi from a member here on Fauna. Eating like champs, and the male just went through shed (explained why he was so much darker on arrival).

The top two shots are the female, and the last two are the male. For photos, the male was much more uncooperative in where he decided to move to.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Donald C
For the unplanned, I'll start with the blue beauty I picked up the weekend before the ridleyi arrived. A friend of mine had picked up an adult male BB a few weeks before... and this one just happened to be female (The vendor was probing it when I walked up, so I can have a certain level of confidence in that).

For a BB, she is very tractable. I've been working on hook-training her. She had a recent vet exam just to see if there was anything physical I missed, along with dropping off a fecal for culturing. To the vet's surprise, no one got bit, musked on, or peed on.

The cage is a bit bare-bones right now. She'll get more decorations and better bedding once she's through with her quarantine period.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
Donald C
For the final addition, there's a tale with this one. Wednesday, I got a call from someone at work that translated to "COME TO MY OFFICE NOW!" As my job had no overlap with this person, that left the person's knowledge that I work with snakes as an overlap.

When I arrived, there was a glue trap on their desk (I really, REALLY, hate glue traps), with a baby black ratsnake on it. Poor thing looked just like it had been stepped on, so stretched out was it. Since it was still alive, I got it off of the trap with good old fashion olive oil. I don't have pictures of it in this state, as my main focus and concern at that time was getting it off the trap alive as fast as possible.

Needless to say, it was very skinny, being both dehydrated and starved (which probably helped keep it intact on the trap). I'm working now to get it back to health, and will probably keep it.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Congratulations on all your new additions. That was very kind of you to rescue the Pantherophis obsoletus juvenile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!