Do good buyers make good sellers? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
darkbloodwyvern
Do good buyers make good sellers?

In your own experience or opinion, i am curious what you think. If a buyer is excellent, do you think, or in your experience, do they seem to be good (i shoudl say honest and trustworthy) at selling? i don't have enough experience to hjave an opinion , but I'm trying to be as good a buyer as possible!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:05 AM   #2
hhmoore
I don't think that there is necessarily any reason to believe that a good buyer will be a good seller...or vice versa. Paying promptly for an animal one wants does not mean they will be honest in their description, provide healthy animals, offer or abide by any guarantee, etc. By the same token, a great seller may not be a great buyer - they could delay, or cancel, payments just as easily as anybody else.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbloodwyvern
In your own experience or opinion, i am curious what you think. If a buyer is excellent, do you think, or in your experience, do they seem to be good (i shoudl say honest and trustworthy) at selling? i don't have enough experience to hjave an opinion , but I'm trying to be as good a buyer as possible!
Not necessarily, although one would tend to think that if a person interacts well with a seller, pays promptly and conducts himself in a pleasant overall manner, he might in turn act similarly in front of future “clients”. The opposite oftentimes is true though, bad buyers will be more than likely become bad sellers. Bear with me that I’m not talking about any kind of bad buyer. I’m mainly referring to those whose approach is rude and inconsiderate. Anyone can send money and receive a snake but the way they conduct themselves during the whole transaction is sometimes quite revealing. And believe me, they won’t change their ways when the time to sell comes. This is not just a theory. We have seen it happen time and again in the BOI.

Regards.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Sweeney's Serpents
It's all about character. Generally speaking really good people have good character all the time not just when it's conveneint. I have been keeping, breeding and selling snakes for over 20 years and have found this to be true 99% of the time. Just watch out for that 1%. Leopards never change their spots, people can but seldom do.

Scott Sweeney / Sweeney's Serpents

Old 11-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents
It's all about character. Generally speaking really good people have good character all the time not just when it's conveneint. I have been keeping, breeding and selling snakes for over 20 years and have found this to be true 99% of the time. Just watch out for that 1%. Leopards never change their spots, people can but seldom do.

I agree completely, particulalry with your last sentence.

Regards

Old 11-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
darkbloodwyvern
something to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents

That is really helpful. I have found that in non-herp bussiness transactions, that the best clients or salespeople are the ones who are kind when they could be cruel.
thanks for the responses!
~jessi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!