Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #201
CheriS
Stephanie,

I am so glad to hear the treament rouine worked and they appear clear, when it is just surface like that it has a good scuccess rate, hopefully you caught it early enough and they have have a full happy life with you.

Lawndart,

Did you return the dragon you got and everything go as promised?

Old 02-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #202
mikey
Found this in the Q and A on reptibid the am, almost shot my coffee out my nose..pretty funny...he really looks nothing like Goliath, and I do think she enhances those pics on her website of her Citrus line.

So how long would it be until he started looking like Goliath? jasononks@yahoo.com

Response on this item from (seller): Dragomlover
Post on: Fri Feb 04, 11:31 AM
Well he has already lighten since I got him, but from what Terri at Fire and Ice has told me it is around the year mark when they start to get that yellow citrus full body color. He is already 7 months old so not to far from now. I also bought him as a hold back quality.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #203
BKDragons
I have been following this thread for the last 3-4 weeks and I have to say that I'am really suprised by it.I had ordered dragons from Terri in the past and I've always received nothing but top notch dragons.I've been wanting to order another dragon from her,but I have to say that this thread made me a little nervous.

I decided to go ahead anyway and I ordered another dragon from her just the other day.She was great with me the first time I purchased dragons from her and I was hoping that wouldn't change.I just received the dragon this morning, and I have to say that it is an absolute screamer and it is in wonderful condition.I certainly can't comment on anyone elses experience with Terri, but in fairness, I would have to say that she has sent me nothing but super high quality dragons and I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #204
JMelissaMc
Brian,

May I ask how much you have paid for your Holdback Quality dragons?

Old 02-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #205
BKDragons
Hey Melissa,
I purchased all of them when they were very young and paid between $300-$400.The dragons I got from her a few years ago turned out to be super looking and the one I received this morning is a screamer.She has been super with me and I can only hope that more people experience the same.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:59 AM   #206
TripleMoonsExotic
Maybe it is simply that certain lines of hers are poor quality...

Old 02-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #207
cthulhu77
Also, sometimes breeders let animals "slip through the cracks"...I have seen a few animals delivered lately that were obviously of dubious quality, offered as "hold backs", etc...more likely, no one would buy them initially, and so they were held back.
greg

Old 02-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #208
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
Maybe it is simply that certain lines of hers are poor quality...
If that's the case, maybe someone can find out which lines they are since she now has her animals "pure bred" and pedigreed and registered with the color Morph & Pattern Registry (cmpregistry.com) as per her new ad in Reptiles magazine. She's also on the Advisory panel, specialty BD and Crested Geckos.

You'd think someone going through this kind of organization, especially as an advisory member and their editor would treat their customers better and have an exemplary customer service policy and guarantee (one that doesn't change, when ever she has a disgruntled customer, so she doesn't have to give a refund)

here's a couple quotes from the site
"Now, it is up to us, as individual reptile owners and breeders, to register our own reptiles, breeders and clutches. By doing so, new owners can register reptiles purchased from our clutches, there will be a price differential between “mixed bred” and “pure” or 50/50 cross lines that breed true, the quality level of our reptiles will continue to rise as Standards are established to judge against, or to aim for, and the CMPR database will mushroom"..............

"The time is now for a unified effort among quality reptile hobbyists and breeders to expand the written Standards of Excellence for beautiful color morphs and patterns, and reptiles from specific areas of origin. The Awards of Excellence competitions will allow us to have our reptiles judged against those Standards, another first in reptile-keeping history"................

"Terri Sommella, Editor"

I've always thought a registry would be a neat concept, I just hope having someone with such a poor customer service, and possibly subpar animals on the advisory panel doesn't affect the credibility of the organization.

P.S. It states on their site that they are the first and only such organization, I still have a large number of certificates from some of my breeding stock from the Reptile Registry Council?? (need to check my certs) of several years ago. It went defunct for a number of reasons, so they may be the only (current) one, but they aren't the first.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #209
TripleMoonsExotic
Terri is the one that came up with that. It's her project. I personally wouldn't pay those fees just to put money in HER pocket! It doesn't truely mean a damn thing...

Old 02-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #210
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
Terri is the one that came up with that. It's her project. I personally wouldn't pay those fees just to put money in HER pocket! It doesn't truely mean a damn thing...
I wondered how much she was involved, given she was listed on the advisory panel and apparently the editor.

WOW, if this is her organization, what irony.
That is sad, given her apparent ethics (or lack thereof, given this thread) I would not give any credence at all to this new organization. That's a shame since I've felt that the Reptile industry could use an "AKC" type organization.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!