Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 25 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:49 AM   #241
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriS
Paul,

You did not authorize someone else from somewhere else to come on those places and by using other means to harvest your email, that is called stealing
Well in that case, 11 people "stole" from me today according to my inbox--including K-Mart. I'm not going to make a bad guy post about them though, I just delete it without even opening it. I thought that's what most people did with spam, and that spam was just one of those inevitable inconveniences that most people learn to ignore. I figure that anytime I give out my email address for anything that I'm going to get more spam. No big deal.

Oh, and thanks for the definitions.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #242
CheriS
I think you missed the whole point, this thread does not exist because of one unwanted email, this post was added to an existing thread because of the way that email was harvested and used. Poor ethic are not just one thing or in this case one email, they usually are many constant things and someones ongoing pattern of actions, claims or behavior that the majority of people would find offensive or unprofessional. Some may consider anything you can use to make money off of as acceptable, heaven knows we have seen it in others on here many times, but I do not. You have a thread and poll on this site that ask about what makes a professional, even in your poll the majority are saying knowledge, ethics, reputation and quality.

Please note, I placed the header in the prior post, there was no way of telling this was spam as it was hidden under another's name and business, not under Fire and Ice or the owner(s). Maybe that was not made clear in my prior post, hard to just delete it as spam when you can not tell it was until it was opened as the real intent and source is hidden. It was sent to an email that ONLY exist on a Yahoo list, no other place anyone could have give it out at or registered with it from, so there is no doubt where or how is was taken from. It was what is called harvested. Something I and anyone else I know of consider unprofessional and sneaky.

Maybe you do not understanding how these things really are done, its not that you put your email out to someone and then that person spams you or even sells your email to others to spam you. Its the way it is taken from other's site and used, not voluntarily by either the site or the person who registered on that site. If you still do not understand this, I will be glad to explain it in more detail in private and not use up space on this thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #243
dragonss
do u still have shadi and whats her progress know

Old 12-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #244
Lynden
Terri Sommella's "potential"customer handling today

Hi Jonathan,
You don't know me, but I wanted to thank you for your post on fauna classifieds regarding Terri Sommella. I don't have a bearded dragon, but am going through the research to make sure I get the setup first before the dragon. I found "Fire and Ice Dragons" to be a very informative website with beautifully intricate dragons so I thought I'd email a few questions so I could make sure I can afford and get the right setup before I purchased one. Her responses to my questions led me to google her, which led me to the forum post you created. You may have not won the battle, but I think you're winning the war on this one. You saved me and I'm sure countless others from financial and emotional loss.

Terri Sommella's responses are attached below...enjoy

Thanks again!
-Lynden (I'm now a new member of fauna classifieds )

--- On Sat, 12/10/11, info@fireandicedragons.com <info@fireandicedragons.com> wrote:

From: info@fireandicedragons.com <info@fireandicedragons.com>
Subject: Re: bearded dragon terrarium
To: "Lynden Vazquez" <flyingsquirrel123@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 9:14 PM

If I read what you said correctly, you are looking for information we provide as a service to customers.
----- Original Message -----
To: info@fireandicedragons.com
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:09 AM

I understand Christmas is coming and you're stressed out or something, but I hope you don't treat all your potential customers this way. Now I feel obligated to look elsewhere.

Thanks anyway.
-Lynden
--- On Sat, 12/10/11, info@fireandicedragons.com <info@fireandicedragons.com> wrote:

Date: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 8:49 PM

A juvenile set up according to our shopping list is cheap. The adult set ups are different and there are options.

Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:47 PM

Okay, but can you at least give me a ball park figure of how much everything will cost? Assuming I get your $400-$500 bearded dragon. I can't spend money on something if it doesn't fit my budget.

-Lynden

Date: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 7:59 PM

Hi,

Once you make your purchase from us, I will email you a shopping list.

Regards,

Terri

Terri Sommella
Fire and Ice Dragons
I.O. Box 44
Littlestown, PA 17340
USA
1-717-359-8669
www.fireandicedragons.com
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000688976689
terri@fireandicedragons.com

Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:01 PM
Subject: bearded dragon terrarium

Hi there,
I was reading through your "care sheet" webpage and came across www.customcages.com. I emailed them asking what you use and they told me either their package A or package B option. Here's the link to that page: http://www.customcages.com/index.cfm...t&categoryid=1

Do you use package A or B? Is the lighting included the same that you use or different? Did you only buy the terrarium itself and buy the lighting separately?

I don't have a bearded dragon right now, but very interested and want to make sure I understand all the costs and what I need before I get one. I'm using your care sheet and "The Bearded Dragon Manual" I purchased to set myself up correctly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
-Lynden

Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #245
Skanakis
I really do love reading bad reviews for some odd reason at 5 am in the morning.......

Old 12-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #246
bobtard
"Buy my animal and then I'll tell you how to take care of it."

It's painfully obviously how much she (doesn't) care about her animals.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #247
hhmoore
It must be nice to limit customer service to those customers that have already paid...
I've been wasting a lot of time, apparently, because I was under the impression that every inquiry is a potential customer.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #248
KelliH
Wow, I will never deal with her.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #249
mattdadd
Missin out

Congratulations Lynden! You've succeeded at posting an amazingly ignorant and short sighted response. I purchased 6 dragons from Terri @ fire and ice this year, she was amazingly helpful and spent a lot of time on the phone with me before i ever bought a dragon or before she knew how many i would end up buying. You should give some serious thought before you slight someone in public just because you assume you have been somehow wronged by what you perceive as "inadequate" customer service. Stop whining and do some research, try asking a few more questions, did it occur to you that there are MANY different ways to set up a tank?? you could make one, buy premade custom, use a 40, 50, 75, 100 gallon fish tank, etc, etc, etc. maybe she was busy and just didn't have time at that particular moment to address all the variables and choices that exist. Did you fail to recognize -judging by the timestamps on your emails- that she responded almost immediately to your emails?? Not to mention it was late in the evening?? And maybe if you had been a little more patient you might have gotten the info you were looking for? Common courtesy goes both ways. In the end...your loss. My Fire and Ice dragons ROCK!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #250
bobtard
^ IP check?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!