Karma power adjustment? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
hhmoore
Karma power adjustment?

I happened to notice that my Karma power was 21 today (I'm not sure why I noticed...maybe because it was different?). Last number I noticed was 75 or 76. Is this due to a change in how it is calculated?
I remember something about a plan to make it more reflective of post count, and decreasing the influence that time (length of membership) has...is that what happened?

Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I happened to notice that my Karma power was 21 today (I'm not sure why I noticed...maybe because it was different?). Last number I noticed was 75 or 76. Is this due to a change in how it is calculated?
I remember something about a plan to make it more reflective of post count, and decreasing the influence that time (length of membership) has...is that what happened?
Sorta Harald.

You see, Rich decided to take your post count and divided that by pie to the second power then multiplied your length of membership by 0.79 followed by dropping all the even numbers from both and then adding what is left plus 4. That is how you get Karma Power of 21.

I'm certain of it....

Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
hhmoore
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I like pie...and since you explained it to me, Sammy, I'll divide it & share with you.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Sorta Harald.

You see, Rich decided to take your post count and divided that by pie to the second power then multiplied your length of membership by 0.79 followed by dropping all the even numbers from both and then adding what is left plus 4. That is how you get Karma Power of 21.

I'm certain of it....
That's twice today you've made me choke on something while reading your posts. Must spread some around. LOL I needed the laugh though.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Harald, if you got hit with some bad Karma then it would reduce your own Karma points depending on how much Karma power the other person had.

I was a 12-13, then got hit by someone with a lot more Karma and now am a 6.

So if you got hit by bad Karma that would/could be a reason.

**I can see how this is going to be abused now by those with higher karma points. They will be hitting others for something as stupid as having an opposing opinion to keep others from having enough karma power to make an impact on their own.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
**I can see how this is going to be abused now by those with higher karma points. They will be hitting others for something as stupid as having an opposing opinion to keep others from having enough karma power to make an impact on their own.
Easy now. The people with the higher karma are fairly well known for being honest and level headed. That's why they got the higher karma.

Besides, nobody would dare give Harald bad karma.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
If I see evidence of abuse, I will simply "karma nuke" the offender into oblivion. Anyone with negative karma is neutralized, in that they are no longer able to hit others with points. If I see what appears to be a group of people abusing the karma system in order to raise each others points, I will simply nuke them all. If some people are still hell bent on making things difficult around here, then the ban hammer will be used. I don't have as much patience for such crap as I used to have. And I have found that a permanent ban is really quite a great idea. I actually find this site a lot more enjoyable after I have removed a few people from it.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
xanaxez
i dont even know how it works or how you recieve it =( lol

Old 10-29-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
Gary O
I want pie........................ Oh this is about points I thought it was about pie.

You know what they say Karme is a .......

Old 10-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
i dont even know how it works or how you recieve it =( lol
If somebody thinks you made an especially good post, they can give you positive karma. A person's karma power reflects how much positive karma they can give...so I give somebody positive karma, they get 21 reputation points (reputation points is a throwback to the old system, but I think it is still labeled that way).
By the same token, if somebody thinks you made a really bad post, they can give you negative karma. This will remove points from your reputation, but only half of the persons karma power.

I'd explain the accumulation system, but I'm not really sure what has been changed, lol.

To give karma for a post, click on the scale at the bottom of the person's post profile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!