A welcome visitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
LadyGecko
A welcome visitor

A Robin made a nest in a very unlikely place in the front of my house
She constructed her nest about 3 ft. off of the ground in the evergreens that i have there
My evergreen bushes are pretty wild and untrimmed-I like them that way and apparently this Robin does too
Unfortunately as nature is often very selective with wild creatures-only one baby of the three hatchlings survived and is thriving
He evidently got the lions share of the food
I believe that she has been feeding these babies on her own-I haven't seen an evidence of a male helping out but then i have no real knowledge of Robins raising their young and if this is unusual or the norm with Robins

I also would like to add that Momma Robin has been very tolerant of me and my picture taking

Here are the best pics that I have gotten to date in a period of a few weeks
The camera is a Kodak EzShare Z710 and I just love it for ease of use and quality of pics
I hope that you all enjoy the pics

Sandy

Old 05-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
LadyGecko
and a few more pics from this early am

thanks for looking

Sandy

The baby sleeping

Some other Robins that just happened to be around this morning

Old 05-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
ms_terese
Nice pics.

We've identified a couple of nests this year, both robin and sparrow, but I haven't been brave enough to try to get photos (I'm not that talented....the mom would probably peck me to death!)

One sparrow actually put a nest inside the metal pipe that makes the corner of my clothes line! Scared the bejeezus out of me when I was hanging clothes and a bird came sailing out of there!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
Stardust
Very nice pics and thanks for sharing! Those baby birds remind me that spring is truly here.

I also recently got a new camera a Sony Cybershot DSC-H9, it even has night vision shots and I haven't even figured out all the features yet.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Sandra, interesting pictures. gotta love those Robin blue eggs.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
IloveSnakes1234
We have alot of robins here. Like billion,s they're everywhere, even cause car accidents!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!