Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
IvoryExotics
Snakes at Sunset (Miami)

I had heard good things about this store so i walked in looking to buy. I was greeted with crammed cages, an emaciated albino burmese python and a $300 Sorong GTP covered in mites. I asked about the sorong and was told he was being sold "as is", thats why he was so cheap. Below is a pic of the sorong. There were also two sheds in the cage suggesting he had been like this for a while (one shed visible on bottom right of pic). I will never buy from them and anyone interested should be very careful.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Your picture says it all.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
BreedersCircle
Everyone in south florida has a bad story about Mike(literally). Customer service and attitude is the worst I have seen. Ever since Amir sold it off, it has gone down hill.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
ReptileAddictions
This makes it so much harder for all the good reptile stores out there. Seems to be more bad ones than good now days so sad for the snake. A bath and a 15 dollar of provent a mite isn't worth his life? Disgusting. If that snake has mites guaranteed others there do too. I would be horified if someone came in my store and saw fecies, sheds, mites. But as an owner it is my job to check the lists of chores all day, to fire people who don't do their job, and to get off my ass and do it when no one else has. I am just disgusted by these kind of posts

Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Snakesatsunset
First off, you were told that the snake just arrived and was going to be treated. I specifically remember you asking me, even though I do not know your name. You asked on the way out. Second that is why he was alone and seperate from the rest of the for sale in the store. Yet you knew this cause you were told the above, and you still have a type of vendetta against us? I do not see why. Snakes come and go DAILY, we sometimes get perfect mite-free , healthy, captive snakes that are mite infested imports and were sold to us as cb great animals, but are not. We cannot help that, but to treat the animal, and fix it up. I cannot put that animal in the back with thousands of perfecctly fine ones. That was the best choice considdering its location, and proximity to others.
Please show me a pic of the emaciated burm, the "crammed" cages, and anything you claim to see. Cause it is funny when we have one snake per display enclosure, and max 2-3 baby beardeds? Was the 20 long with 4 banded baby uromastyx "crammed" ?
Because your accusations are 100% false and you know it. Simple as that.
You even went OUT OF YOUR WAY to say we are selling it as is, that is why it is cheap? The only words out of your mouth were, the green tree python has mites, and we responded with , yes we know, he is being treated. You never said a word as you said that while leaving, and that is that. Please do not LIE and post correct facts.

You use provent a mite/black night on chondros and you signed their death warrant.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Snakesatsunset
Downhill? How is that so, when our sales went up after we bought the place? Our transaction count is up and everything is up? We get complimented daily about how the store doesnt smell anymore since we took over, and how we re-arranged and fixed the place up. So jonathan please do no talk garbage, when you yourself popped out of nowhere, bought a bunch of stuff and have no idea what to do with it.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
First off, you were told that the snake just arrived and was going to be treated.
Quick clarification question: Did you place the newly acquired snake in a previously used cage?

Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Imperial Reptiles
I shop at Snakes at Sunset all the time. I have not seen any animals crammed in cages or an emancipated burm. Every time I have a bought animal from Mike they have top notch. And guys he imports animals. Anyone that imports or has dealt with imports knows that sometimes you get mite infested animals. This is not Mikes fault. I would not hesitate to do business with Mike. I have had nothing but positive transaction.\s with Mike.

-Alejandro Estrada

Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
R. Eventide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
First off, you were told that the snake just arrived and was going to be treated.

responded with , yes we know, he is being treated.
Mites can travel a long way in 24 hours. How far was this chondro from the other snakes? And why would you put a snake on display/sale if it was still (going to be?) in the process of being treated?

Quote:
You use provent a mite/black night on chondros and you signed their death warrant.
Uh. No. If you use Provent-a-Mite incorrectly on a chondro, you sign their death warrant. Provent-a-Mite is fine if used properly, which I have witnessed firsthand.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
R. Eventide
Oh, one more thing. I have never worked at or run a pet store, but I wonder if it's wise to put a snake up for sale after just arriving. Do most stores not quarantine their new arrivals? I'm not just meaning quarantine from the other snakes in the store; I'm meaning quarantine so that someone who purchases the animal within an appropriate quarantine period knows what they're getting into....

Like I said, I really don't know much about running a pet store, but this seems kinda common sense to me.... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!