HELP! PLEZE! MY IGUANA won't EAT!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
vadas89
Don't worry I know the difference between constuctive criticism and an outrightattack and I appreciate such a prompt reply. My Iguanas have been and will always be fed fresh veggies as the bulk of their diet. There is no substitute for nature. I guess my question was we're the new diets any better then the old ones, and be of any use as a supplement to a veggie diet. As you've stated they're crap and having followed your replies on a couple other threads I am inclined to believe you. Thank you for your knowledge and once again such a quick reply.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
KevTheDrumma83
i know what to feed him, he just wont eat anything. again- he looks fine. i've had it with u too seamus. giving him away is not the answer and i'm sure i will find out whats wrong. i think he just needs some time in his new environment plus he just started shedding a little.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
John E Dove
Well as you did not address any of the questions I asked before let me try a different tact.
First I would agree that it could be that it is new to it's environment and needs time to settle in.
Do you happen to know how old it is?
I saw in your profile that you said that Fauna was recommended to you from the Green Iguana Society so I guess you know the proper diet, housing, temps and humidity but I am curious where you were told that vets give aggression shots?
Do you have a digital camera so you could take pictures of it and post them?
Believe it or not we really do want to be of assistance to your Iguana.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #24
KevTheDrumma83
i heard about the shots on craigslist and i read everything i needed to know on the society page. my father will not get a humidifier and it makes me mad because he needs it. he is only about a year or so and around a two feet with a long tail. how else can i make it humid in the tank?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
John E Dove
Your not gonna like this but if it is 2 feet long it is already to large for any tank commonly sold. But let's just go with that for the moment.
Do you have a digital thermometer hygrometer? If not you'll need one. Those cheapo little gauge types are pretty much worthless for accuracy.
I am guessing you have a screen top, to increase the humidity cover a mid portion of the screen with a wet bath towel so that only a couple if inches are left open at each end for air flow.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #26
KevTheDrumma83
alright thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!