shipping included - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-15-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
sschind
shipping included

A recent thread on the BOI brought a couple of questions to mind.

1. If you post an animal for sale for a certain price shipped, would you be willing to take off the cost of shipping if the animal was picked up locally by the buyer.

2. If you are selling baby snakes for $50.00 shipped, would you sell three of them for $150.00 or would you sell them for $90.00 (assume $30.00 for shipping) In other words would you include the shipping price on multiple animals that would not increase the actual shipping cost.

just curious

Steve Schindler
Tropical Oasis

Old 12-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Steve.... Again.... if you're honest, if you have integrity, if you have a good moral sense about you.... OF COURSE you would give a discount for pick-up! I've done it numerous times for people on this site! If I post an animal SHIPPED.... I usually value shipping, because of the boxes and paper and all the stuff that should be used, at $35! If somebody wants to pick it up, I will USUALLY knock off up to $50 just for saving me have to do the work of shipping it.... which ain't easy, if you do it right!

....Neil

Old 12-15-2002, 11:26 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Steve.... I forgot #2.... you are absolutely correct in your calculations! If you charge $50 shipped, and you estimate the shipping at $30.... then you want $20 for your snake.... 3 snakes, $60.... ONE SHIPPING CHARGE $30.... equals $90.... THAT'S what I would sell THREE of them for!.... And I would probably sell them for less than that because they're buying "quantity", per say.... let's say knock off $5 each for three.... so $75 shipped for the trio! That would be fair!

....Neil

Old 12-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #4
Casey Hulse
I agree w/Neil

As long as weight is not an issue. Baby beardies etc.. make little difference as far as weight, but if you were shipping a 24"savannah for $50.00 you would probably have to charge a little more in shipping for each extra one.

Old 12-16-2002, 12:28 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
1. If you post an animal for sale for a certain price shipped, would you be willing to take off the cost of shipping if the animal was picked up locally by the buyer.
Absolutely. Sometimes the buyer wants to pay shipping on his side (as with Airborne Express for example). You should then deduct the amount from the asking price.

Quote:
2. If you are selling baby snakes for $50.00 shipped, would you sell three of them for $150.00 or would you sell them for $90.00 (assume $30.00 for shipping) In other words would you include the shipping price on multiple animals that would not increase the actual shipping cost.
You will have to consider the size/weight of the animals. It won't matter with three baby ball pythons. But it will make a difference if you are talking about three 2,000 g adult females.

Best regards.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:02 AM   #6
sschind
Thanks for the replies so far. You have been correct in assuming that my query was based on the premise that the additional animals would not add enought weight to the package as to change the shipping cost.

Steve

Old 12-16-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
Glenn Bartley
1) Definitely yes.

2) I would price them at the per animal price (for the animals) and the actual shipping price to ship them, in other words the $90, not the $150.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!