People Eating Tasty Animals "PETA" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Slipmattic
Thumbs down People Eating Tasty Animals "PETA"

I thought maybe a few people might take a look at this. It amazes me how they are not shut down....
http://www.wesh.com/news/21722752/detail.html

Old 11-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Kiote_9
Everyone has a right to express their opinions. There are a lot of folks saying that Peta supporters and vegans are mentally ill which is also ill-informed and unkind.

Some thoughts...

* Monies donated to help animals actually go to creating, filming, and running these ads. Actors have to be paid and so does everyone else involved in the making of such gems. Oh, does any one know if all the people involved in making these ads are vegans and Peta supporters? I wonder if Peta helps support it's members or if they hire their production companies based on cost regardless of their personal beliefs.

* The people who donate must believe in what they are supporting, right? Isn't this a free country? Don't they have the right to support their personal beliefs? We still have a KKK in the good old USA, and neo-nazis and NAMBLA. Should Peta be treated any differently?

* One of the commenting posters for that ad made reference to the fact that eating animal flesh causes death...often from diet related causes, not from old age. So vegans don't die, right? Or do they all die from "old age" and what exactly is that? If I could become immortal just by not eating flesh I might do it...or drinking human blood... How about cannabalism, why don't they ever talk about that? Don't eat animals...eat each other!

Check out some of the propaganda Peta puts out. I mean REALLY look at it, no matter how disgusting it may appear. Many of their film clips are obviously old and from other countries. They sometimes have disclaimers even that state that things happen here much the same way as it does in their films. One film in particular show the inhumanity of Kosher slaughter of beef. It is 2:15 of looped footage of an animal with it's throat cut, bleeding out. The loop is obvious. Extremely. That animal was dead several times over. Makes me wonder how many folks are being taken in just because they are so uncomfortable about the material they are seeing. What motivates them to be so shallow and naive? Societal conditioning?

My mom introduced me to a Peta member once who chastised me for my wicked meat eating, animal abusing ways. I was told about all manner of horrors going on at our local research facility, where I happened to be working. Stories she told of things that simply had not happened, but she had seen films of it and knew it to be true, because they told her it was. She was brain washed, but had chosen to be. These people choose to believe these things. They choose to give time, money, brain cells, lip service, whatever else to their beliefs.

Maybe we should hunt them down on our city streets and shove meat into their mouths and wrap them in cow hides? Perhaps they only understand beliefs that are expressed through aggression and violence. Then again, maybe they feel violated by "Pork, the other white meat" or "Where's the beef"?

They don't really bother me anymore. The US government concerns me far more. Peta and HSUS can't take our freedoms away but our government can. Peta and the HSUS are political organizations that know how to manipulate the government, but it is OUR government and WE should learn how to make it work for us.

***stepping off soap box***

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Our turkey was GREAT!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
LoveOfTheFox

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!