Another bear sighting last night - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
WebSlave
Another bear sighting last night

The security cameras I am experimenting with logged a bear prowling around the house and garage again last night. Fortunately no damage to any of the bird feeders this time, so I guess he was just passing through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUNT4XIG0E

Old 10-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Bears in Florida...apparently I don't know squat about FL wildlife. Cool all the same.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Lucille
If you hear anything at the door tonight, it might be this bear and not a trick-or-treater. Keep the candy inside and the door closed

Old 10-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
Morticia
They are something aren't they? I'll never forget as a kid, one came to the bird feeder just feet outside our picture window, stood on two legs and just ate his fill. See one about once a year there in the remote area of WNY. Haven't seen one in a while but I moved some hours away to the city.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you hear anything at the door tonight, it might be this bear and not a trick-or-treater. Keep the candy inside and the door closed
Hah! In the 25 years Connie and I have lived here, we have NEVER had a trick-or-treater come to the door. We live in the middle of the woods with the house down a long winding driveway, and all the locals "know" we have snakes and guns. (We don't advertise that we have retired the snake business.) So I think some kid would have to be pretty desperate to show up here. Gosh, if someone DID show up here, I would probably have to give him or her a can of nuts or something. Or maybe an apple........

Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Or, perhaps a skunk ape.
THAT'S what I want to see on the trail cam.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
Or, perhaps a skunk ape.
THAT'S what I want to see on the trail cam.
Well, I for one, certainly hope that we don't have any of THEM running around here.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, I for one, certainly hope that we don't have any of THEM running around here.
But if you did, wouldn't it be nice to be the one to prove that they exist?

Old 10-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
But if you did, wouldn't it be nice to be the one to prove that they exist?
Probably I would have to spend the rest of my life trying to prove that I didn't fake the images. And even with absolute proof, not everyone would believe it.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #10
Croakersoaker
Rich the Bears are very active this fall. I live on the other side of crawfordville near lower bridge and spring creek. And people are getting there trash cans knocked over nightly over here. We have three bears that frequent our neighborhood

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!