USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #31
crotalusadamanteus
Partially. Thanks for that.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
is this what you were looking for? (from the BOI thread)

edit - looks like it's only 2010 though, here is 2009:
http://www.usark.org/uploads/USARK%2...-%20Actual.pdf
they dont have 2011's out yet. its rumored that they spent $200,000 on lobbying in 2011. up $50,000 from 2010. they should have saved that money for the court battle thats coming.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #33
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Stambaugh View Post
Guess it would help to put my email. stambaugh.keith@yahoo.com. (Yes, I see I have some typo's, and no I didn't proof the above before sending - sorry)
give terry wilkins a call or email let him know your concerns and let him know you would like to fight this another way. he has captive born reptiles. if you cant find the number let me know

Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
ROBERT SIDERS
EVERYONE KNOWS , the burms were released by political interests in fla ,HSUS OR PETA ,Large burms can be sold to the skin trade , NOBODY releases CASH into the everglades VOTE

Old 01-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #35
rodneynboalich
looks like im not the only one say 5 out of 9 isnt a victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oss_2ToN6_0&sns=fb

Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
AbsoluteApril
a user over on iherp gave me the okay to repost this info she got from USFWS:

We have the news release, FAQs and other documents permanently posted on our Invasive Species page athttp://www.fws.gov/invasives/news.html

The final rule itself has not yet published, but is expected to on January 23rd. However, you can view the electronic version online and download the PDF in the Federal Register room.

Use this link:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ic-inspection/

And then, on that page, click on the link that reads "View Tomorrow's Federal Register."

Let me know if you have any questions,

Valerie Fellows
Office of Public Affairs
US Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
703/358 2285
http://www.iherp.com/Public/Blog/Detail.aspx?UID=97987

Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #37
SPJ
Quote:
A major source of biological, management, and invasion risk information that we
used for the proposed rule and this final rule was derived from the United States
Geological Survey’s (USGS) “Giant Constrictors: Biological and Management Profiles
and an Establishment Risk Assessment for Nine Large Species of Pythons, Anacondas,
and the Boa Constrictor”
Garbage!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
SPJ
Quote:
Furthermore, snakes in general have been found to harbor ticks (such as the
nonnative African tortoise tick) that cause heartwater disease (from the bacterium
Cowdria ruminantium). Heartwater disease, although harmless to its reptilian hosts, can
be fatal to livestock and related wild hoofed mammals, such as white-tailed deer.
According to the USDA (March 2000), “Heartwater disease is an acute,
infectious disease of ruminants, including cattle, sheep, goats, white-tailed deer, and
antelope. This disease has a 60 percent or greater mortality rate in livestock and a 90percent or greater mortality rate in white-tailed deer.” The ticks have been found in
Florida. Agricultural agencies are trying to stop the spread of the ticks as a way of
stopping the deadly disease. This rule will help to stop the spread into and around the
United States of the ticks and other disease vectors that may be carried by these four
species of nonnative constrictor snakes.
WHAT!?!?!?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
SPJ
Quote:
Five additional species (reticulated python, DeSchauensee’s anaconda,
green anaconda, Beni anaconda, and boa constrictor) are not being listed at this time and
remain under consideration.
Great

Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
WebSlave
To be honest, I'm not all that crazy about these minor government agencies being able to create "rules" that have the weight of laws without them having to pass through Congress and being voted on by our congresscritters. All they have to do is to make up something and get it published in the Federal Register, and it's now law? Something REAL wrong with that picture....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!