Free advertisement for hobbiests? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
1Bob
Free advertisement for hobbiests?

Does anyone know of a website or forum that you can advertise leos for trade or sale that does not charge a fee. The cost is prohibative at most places.

Thanks

bobsvitilla@yahoo.com

Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
DThomas
There are quite a few sites if you look around. I have edited your post to remove the advertising in it and have moved it to a more appropriate forum.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
1Bob
Thank you so much. It was not intended to be an advertisment.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
1Bob
Now that I think about my original wording it definately sounded wrong and I apologize. Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!

On another note.
A hobbiest or amerature membership would be nice on this forum. Whether they would have a seperate section or just a visible designation for posting classifieds. People would know what tyoe of dealer/breeder they are dealing with, expect a larger variablity in customer service and quality. But then people of this designation could not expected to demand top dollar. It could give a person a chance to build a reputation one way or the other.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bob
Now that I think about my original wording it definately sounded wrong and I apologize. Sorry Sorry Sorry!!!

On another note.
A hobbiest or amerature membership would be nice on this forum. Whether they would have a seperate section or just a visible designation for posting classifieds. People would know what tyoe of dealer/breeder they are dealing with, expect a larger variablity in customer service and quality. But then people of this designation could not expected to demand top dollar. It could give a person a chance to build a reputation one way or the other.
Bob, Do you really feel that paying twenty-five dollars for a whole year with the ability to post unlimited ads and rate other members is out of a hobbyist budget?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #6
SPJ
Let's see.
Fauna is $25 for a year of posting unlimited ads.
KS is $20 for a month of posting limited ads.
BP.net is free to post ads you are limited to how many you are allowed to post.
Reptile Auction only charges a small fee similar to Ebay to post an ad but that site has a tendency to attract less desireabe elements to it.

When you weigh the options, Fauna is the cheapest way to advertise with the most options available for your advertising.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:51 AM   #7
1Bob
Is it cheap for a whole year? Definately! I would say very cheap, as far as advertising goes. The cost prohibative part is more mental. As a hobbiest, not a professional, can I justify spending another $25 this month on my hobby when I'm already spending the most my wife will permit (wife part a joke) but you get the point.

thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
Gary O
This is something I always think. If a site has the traffic that the owner pays for the bandwidth and server to have. It is only right to send a few bucks to make money on their site.

Fauna membership has actually really worked out well for me. 25 bucks well spent. To tell you the truth fauan paid for itself.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bob
Is it cheap for a whole year? Definately! I would say very cheap, as far as advertising goes. The cost prohibative part is more mental. As a hobbiest, not a professional, can I justify spending another $25 this month on my hobby when I'm already spending the most my wife will permit (wife part a joke) but you get the point.

thanks
You have agreed, above, that the $25 this site charges is reasonable and gives value.

The justification to yourself is something only you can do, since you have already agreed that it is money well spent, and you have heard from others that the services are more than worth the fee.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
hhmoore
Unlimited advertising is one of the perqs of the Contributor level membership (see, when you look at it that way, it doesn't sound nearly as bad...it's all a matter of perspective). Other benefits include the ability to post an avatar, increased message storage, unlimited (photo) attachments in forums, the ability to bump and highlight ads, eligibility for the GCC program, ability to edit your posts, see other members' info, and give trader ratings (there are a few others, but you get the idea).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!