Need Help- Bearded Dragon & Frilled Lizard - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
DragonFanatic
Need Help- Bearded Dragon & Frilled Lizard

Heyo all, I've been wanting to know if its possible to have a frilled lizard and bearded dragon housed together as long as theres enough room for the both of them? I have a pretty nice sized tank but I'm not sure if it's big enough. The aquarium I have at the moment is 4th is 2' long, 1' wide, and 16.5" tall. Or should I get a 20 gal? I never owned either of these animals before ((I'm researching dont worry )) so I thought I ask people around here that would know :3

So far Im having difficulties in understanding requirements for the frilled lizard, any additional info on them would be very helpful :3 Thanks so much for your time and I appreciate any help. I'll be looking forward to your responses ^^

Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
angie.h
Hi Cassie....it probably wouldn't work out for several reasons. First, bearded dragons have a voracious appetite, and a long , dangling tail from an arboreal lizard like a frilly would invite a bite sooner or later. Second, the frilled likes higher humidity, beardies require a much drier environment. It may be just too much of a risk all in all.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
ladyconz
www.Thefrilleddragon.com Amazing sight...Lots of people to help there

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
zookeeperfrank
Hello Cassie,

I've worked with both at the Bronx Zoo; their husbandry needs differ greatly; each requires a different type of environment. Also, when mixing 2 species, especially from different habitats, you run the risk that a parasite or pathogen that is relatively harmless to one will cause illness or death in another. The tank you mention is too small for a single specimen of either species. Frilled lizards in particular need huge enclosures with at least 3-4 feet of height, as they are stressed if forced to remain on the ground. Please see the linked articles for further info on both and let me know if you have any questions. Best, Frank:
http://bit.ly/1338og9
http://bit.ly/WP2Irc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!