The Start of My Hognose Breeding Collection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Kilzac
The Start of My Hognose Breeding Collection

Recently I got into the amazing world of Western Hognose. I have to say these are by far my favorite snakes I have ever kept. And I've kept Ball Pythons, Boas, and Retics. These hognose are just so cool. So let me know what you guys think!

My Red Anaconda 66% het Albino Male.

My Twinspot Albino Female (will breed next season to my red conda 66% het albino male)

My deep Orange Albino Female

And my Red Anaconda 66% het Albino Female

Let me know what you guys think!

Old 08-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Austin-12
They look great! What are you breeding plans when they are of age? What combo's? Do you have a FB page to follow?

Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
Kilzac
I plan on breeding my red anaconda 66% het albino male to my albino twinspot female next year. I'm hoping he proves out to be het albino. And I'm very curious to see what the full twinspot female will throw out. So I'm hoping next year is a good one as I plan on getting a het albino female that is big enough to go next year as well. One can never have enough anacondas!

As for a FB page to follow, I currently do not have one. Though I may create one in the future if I ever come up with a catchy name.

For right now I just have a YouTube channel I started up and put a video of all 4 of them up. You can check out my video at the link below!

http://youtu.be/31BpJNiKUg8

Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Austin-12
Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like you are going to have a bunch of different babies when your breeding starts. Keep em coming!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Kilzac
Thanks man! I think I may record a feeding video today

Old 08-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Celtic Constrictors
I'm somewhat interested in Hognose snakes. What age/size do these need to be for breeding purposes?

Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Kilzac
Females need to be around 2 years of age and 250+ grams. Though I have heard of females being bred at 150 grams, I personally would not try nor suggest it.

Males can breed at around 60 grams.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
Kilzac
Here is a video of my male eating. I will post another video of my female eating later!

http://youtu.be/eVNOm0rD900

-Zac

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
anaconda, hognose, western hognose