Pets Plus Lockport, Kick Brothers - (INFO) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
liquidleaf
Pets Plus Lockport, Kick Brothers - (INFO)

!!!! This is NOT a good summer for herps in Western New York.

I'm trying to help place geckos from the raid last month on the "Cheektowaga" residence that may be involved with TSE, and in today's paper was this story....

http://www.spcaec.com/site/News2?pag...rticle&id=5797

More than 300 animals seized, in various states of malnutrition.

The upstairs non-retail area was used, if I am correct, by "Kick Brothers", who occasionally post ads on KS. Kick Brothers may or may not be directly linked to the "Pets Plus" business, but I have heard multiple mentions that they work "out of the upstairs of Pets Plus in Lockport", so please keep this in mind if you see Kick Brothers from Lockport. At one point I inquired about some boas they had for sale a year or so ago, and I was told that they use some rooms in Pets Plus to keep/distribute their animals. If they're not involved in the many animals found in the pet store and the storage areas being in poor condition, they're welcome to post here the level of their relationship to Pets Plus....

I am utterly disgusted by all the crap going on in Niagara and Erie counties this summer.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
liquidleaf
PS - I posted as (info) in the thread title because there may be a slight possibility that Kick Brothers weren't the neglectful party... I doubt that highly... But obviously this thread is VERY "Bad Guy".

Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
liquidleaf
Also - typo "keep in mind if you see ADS FROM Kick Brothers..."

Old 07-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
Ed Clark
Kick Brothers

lauren, i have seen there reptiles at the hamburg,pa. shows and they never looked good.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
liquidleaf
It's really sad because Pets Plus had the largest variety of reptiles in WNY... That's where I got my first snake 3 years ago... blick.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
Chameleon Company
They are not associated with Chris at TSE. Chris was apparently an apartment operation, while Pets Plus did use their second floor at one of their stores, apparently as pictured.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
liquidleaf
Jim - I never said Kick Bros/Pets Plus was related to TSE. Just venting my frustration that both of these places are turning out to be terrible (and having seemingly having animals seized). The two are not related, except for the fact that they are in WNY.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #8
liquidleaf
Heh- my wording probably should have been...

"I'm discouraged that 90 geckos, perhaps from TSE, have been seized by the local SPCA, when I got more discouraged to learn of ANOTHER seizure and more bad news for the herp community in Western New York...." - sorry for any confusion.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
Chameleon Company
Lauren,
I read it so fast, what stuck with me was the "may be involved with TSE", which was a reference to geckos, not the Kick Brothers. My bad. I hope that this is something they can fix, and that maybe it was just a temporary situation due to some other hardship. As a way of conducting your business, market forces usually take care of situations like this that exist over a period of time, as others can easily out-compete this. They are occasional customers of quantities of chameleons, always pay on time, and always been a pleasure to work with.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
liquidleaf
Another link... Fred Kick of Kick Brothers does indeed own Pets Plus.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...12/1015965.asp

This story give a bit more detail to the story on the SPCA site.

Since the seizure, several animals have died or been euthanized as a result of their conditions.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5139603

I love how Mr. Kick acts like all of these allegations are due to a "disgruntled employee" that he fired last week. Right, that employee made you house thousands of animals that you didn't have enough people to care for in your shop.... GAH!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!