Bad Guy Vincent Menna AKA Anerythristic - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #21
DynamicReptilez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I was about to ask what was the actual Fedex drivers response but interesting you state " it has changed several times"
Could you elaborate on that?
Even though a signature it NOT required on a parcel, the Fedex or UPS driver still has to scan it himself when he delivers it and the time of scan should be able to correlate to where he SHOULD have been on his route and at least give some idea if possible it was badly misdelivered as you say the neighbours have not seen it.

But above all I so sorry to hear that your very first online reptile buying experience has gone so horribly wrong, it should have been a joyous occasion!
I know that even now I still get excited at the prospect of a delivery with a new animal......wait I DO have a yt cribo arriving today.....
It never gets old and I hope you do get a satisfactory resolution and please do not give up hope for the herp nation!
Black adder, yes, im a manager with American Airlines and I have an employee who retired from fedex last year before coming to work with us and he said there is everything sketchy about this whole deal.
But...I can't do ANYTHING because the seller won't initiate the claim process.
I asked my employee the same thing since our baggage scan delivery systems are GPS based and can tell where the driver is in the airport, and we just implemented these systems recently, fedex had used these systems for years. He said that the GPS can be turned off, and sounds like it wad since they had the driver drive out.
He allegedly confirmed the address 2x and I said how, I was home on my computer for work that while morning waiting for the package and not once did a fedex truck stop at my house.
When he came "back" to my house 2 days later he was quite aggressive and as I opened the door he said "yup that's what I thought" obviously I immediately responded "excuse me". He said yeah this is the house I delivered to.
I reported him for the aggressive behavior.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent.
Back to the subject, my employee said that fedex has the same policy as we do at American Airlines that the scanning confirmation is only for tracking purposes and that if questioned and willing to sign forms releasing them from further obligation and statement of non receipt, fedex will pay out the claim.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
DynamicReptilez
I was really looking forward to this pair.
Cinny Pied x Black Pastel Pied that only cost me $1600!
First year would have yielded a return!
Oh well 😔

Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #23
Craig Wyatt
This whole thing sounds very fishy. Not on your part. On the sellers part (Vincent). I'm guessing your best bet will be to get your money back directly through your credit card.
If he contacts you to work it out don't stop with the credit card charge back. Could be a stalling technique so you run out of time getting a charge back.
I'd love to hear the other side of the story. His silence thus far is speaking loudly.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #24
DynamicReptilez
Here's the snapshots of the messages I sent that I received no response on his part until I did in fact notify him of my intent to file the claim as well as report him on Fauna's BOI.
Then he responded, but only to tell me he couldn't do anything else and that his end was satisfied.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #25
DynamicReptilez
Part 1 of 3
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #26
DynamicReptilez
Part 2 of 3
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #27
DynamicReptilez
Part 3 of 3
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #28
BillZ
if the item is not insured then I'm not sure what would be covered by FedEx other than the cost of shipping. Also, having a signature required is something that I've always been told is a bad thing when shipping live animals. In fact, I believe one of the top shipping company's recommend you do not send with signature required. If the receiver is not there to receive then the package could float around for days until a second delivery attempt or the buyer picks up if they see a notice.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #29
Deborah Stewart
While I do not know either party there are a few things that I think needs to be addressed so you can better understand how shipping works.

As a seller if you require a signature and the buyer does not answer the door right away (nature’s call etc) the driver will take the package back where it will spend the rest of the day on the truck (trucks do not have AC which can be an issue) only to be re-delivered the next day. Also to keep in mind drivers will tend to knock and run they do not waste time. This explains why signature required is not used by all breeders.

Second thing is insurance, Fedex does not provide any insurance (no such a thing on live animals), if a claim is filed with Fedex the only thing that can be refunded is shipping cost.

The only company that provides insurance is SYR at the rate of $2.50 for every $200 I believe, this is for DOA so even in this case I am not sure this would work. Now if the seller ships using his own Fedex account or Reptile Exspress there is no option for insurance.

All that being said this does not relieve the seller from his obligations however it is a tricky case when the package shows as delivered.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #30
Black Adder
While I wholly sympathise with the OP, it looks like they are up against the wall here
If Fedex are sticking to their guns and claiming the animal was delivered, neither Paypal or probably the credit card company will play ball either.
Its basically at a stalemate right now and is a he said/she said situation.
As rightly said there is NO insurance or refund bar possibly shipping cost and yes that goes to the shipper so OP would still have to fight for that.
Very unfortunate indeed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!