Info Seller beware Jonathan Almada Sacrusin horseracingfan99@gmail.com ebaycollectin@gm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
Deborah Stewart
Seller beware Jonathan Almada Sacrusin horseracingfan99@gmail.com ebaycollectin@gm

So I usually do not do that but here is the story in full (not a bad guy thread more of here are the facts decide for yourself) on why you should think twice before selling and letting the following individual use a payment plan.

Jonathan Almada Sacrusin horseracingfan99@gmail.com ebaycollectin@gmail.com contacted me on February 6th regarding a male Pastel Leopard Pied for $700 + $50 Shipping, this person wanted a 90 days payment plan and usually only do 90 days plan for purchases of $1000 and over however I accepted which is on me, during those 3 month the buyer made no contact not even to request updates (which are sent upon request as stated in my communication) usually people do especially with plans that long odd but it has happened in the past.

On the date the payment was due on May 7th I sent a Paypal request to remind the buyer that the payment was due this was left unanswered so the following day I reminded the buyer that the payment was now overdue and that he would have a 2 weeks extensions and that if the payment was not received by 05/21 the transaction would be void and the animal relisted as per my terms.

On 05/20 he contacted me asking for an extension until Friday the 25th which I accepted reminding him that I had already been generous (my way of saying do not fail now because it’s the last extension) instead of being grateful he coped an attitude and spinned the story as now being uncomfortable with the transaction.

During all our communication a link to my terms and payment plan FAQ was provide, the link is also featured on my Morph Market page and my Facebook page.

The terms are simple, and Mr Almada failed to meet the terms agreed upon, he is not the first to do so and I am sure he will not be the last, I can be lenient and I believe that I have already been and while I would normally not post this the attitude and the fact that he has now cancelled the money request, and filed a claim regarding his NON refundable deposit leaves me no choice, hopefully this will serve as a good warning for future buyers and sellers, buyers do not enter a payment plan lightly and sellers be firm on your terms I have been lenient went out of my way and even went against my own TOS to be nice (poor judgment now looking back at it) and it is not worth it.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2018, 12:31 AM   #2
Deborah Stewart
Next screenshot
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
Who does PayPal usually side with in the case of a non-refundable deposit?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Deborah Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Who does PayPal usually side with in the case of a non-refundable deposit?
My guess they will side with the buyer, just a guess this has never happened before, the few people that have defaulted in the past were accountable for the fact that they failed to meet the terms of the payment plan and did not file a claim.

Here he filed a claim (he has 180 days to do so), I have submitted the communication, my terms, payment plan FAQ as well as the lack of shipping address since he filed under "Did not received" so we will see.

To me it's about principals and the fact that going around TOS and wasting people's time is not right and I want to make sure others are aware if they think about selling to this individual allowing him to use a payment plan.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
bcr229
Sorry you have to deal with this; anyone who spent a few minutes during research on you would know you're legit and your animals are stellar.

Unfortunately the only real option you have to protect yourself from a nonrefundable deposit being clawed back is to insist it be paid using certified funds like cash, USPS MO, or a cashier's check.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Stewart View Post
if they think about selling to this individual allowing him to use a payment plan.
I'm sorry this happened and appreciate that you posted, so the community can see that he is a deadbeat as far as keeping his word. I would add that since he has in my opinion established his lack of character, I would use caution dealing with him at all.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
It appears that you were too generous with both the total time and the pacing of payments. I know the feeling because I have been there and it also caused me to abandon payment plans of great length (and for the most part overall). People took liberties that were inappropriate and they were undeserving of the kindness and understanding involved. You could have given this guy another three months and he would still have found an excuse not to pay in full by then, too. You should be treated far better than that by your customers in my opinion.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:59 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Stewart View Post

To me it's about principals and the fact that going around TOS and wasting people's time is not right and I want to make sure others are aware if they think about selling to this individual allowing him to use a payment plan.
Yes, it is about principals. Thank you for posting. The more people who post about buyers who jerk you around, the less we may have (hopefully).

I agree that a money order or certified check would be the route to go for the non-refundable deposit.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #9
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Yes, it is about principals. Thank you for posting. The more people who post about buyers who jerk you around, the less we may have (hopefully).

I agree that a money order or certified check would be the route to go for the non-refundable deposit.
Exactly Melissa, well said.

I've gone many steps further, the only way I do business is, personal, or company check, postal money orders, cashiers checks, or bank wire transfer. Personal & Co. checks have to clear before I ship, all other forms of payment, I ship immediately.

Yes it takes a little longer, but I don't get taken, OLD SCHOOL, it's the only way, it's how it always was before the internet, I'm not going to change.

If it's worth having, it's worth waiting for.

Deborah, I'm very sorry you're having to go through this, the very best to you!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #10
bcr229
Deb where did you post the ad he responded to? Here, Facebook, Kingsnake, or ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!