What is wrong with my tokay? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 AM   #1
akaangela
What is wrong with my tokay?

I have had 2 tokay's in a 20 tall. The bigger one is suppose to be a male and the smaller is suppose to be a female. About 3 days ago I looked closely at the female and she was dehydrated, and thin. I put her in a plastic carrier till I could get another habitat set up for her.
I got it set up tonight and she is having trouble climbing the walls. She is sliding when she tries to get up. I just put some crickets and a few wax worms in for her. Her tail had the end that looked like it was bitten off

Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
osbain
My tokay, along with others i have heard about have had trouble climbing before she is about to shed, as for dehydration, keep misting her cage, tokays in the wild acquire there water from droplets and dew on leaves. the tail thing... i dont no, maybe the male was being aggressive and you didnt notice it before... that one has me stumped.

hope i was of some help. good luck with it

Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
are you sure shes eating? as the above poster said, are you spraying her daily so she can get water?

Is she CB? WC? ( not sure if you can or cant get them) or store bought ( no clue if she is either in some cases...) Have you had her checked by a vet for parasites?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
redcircle_os
Yea I wouldn't worry about the climbing. Other lizards like cresties, etc have trouble climbing around shed time, so worry not. Mostly its stuck shed, I've never heard of trouble climbing before they shed. However I'm sure it happens.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
snakewrangler
Also, not being able to stick to the glass is a sign of inadequate humidity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!