East Ozark Reptiles - Larry Hastings - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #41
PaulYancick
Ok 5007 go back and read it was the person who updates his website that made the price mistake.As an example of how ungodly cheap these snakes are let's look at black rat snakes.Blacks go for $10 to $20 bucks a pop and have zero trade value.Will from Ectothermics found a wild black rat that I cant even describe here.It has incredible colors and none of them black.He has bred and back bred them from other blacks found in the same area.To make a long story short you cant even sniff one of them for under $800 dollars.They were $1200 when they first proved out.
Another thing what they are calling albino bairdi are not albinos.I would call them hypos because of there pigmented eyes.I have not even seen a true albino bairdi yet alone a leuci.The albinos that were going around 4-5 years ago went for $150-$250.
So tell me how anyone could be so blind as to litterally give away such a rare snake?

Old 11-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #42
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYancick
Ok 5007 go back and read it was the person who updates his website that made the price mistake.
well if you already knew that, why did you ask? The reason i answered your question was because i thought you'd missed it. I can't answer why he prices them the way he does. Maybe he just doesn't to place a stupidly high price on them so they'll sell better? Or maybe they're just hybrids? The fact is, his snakes, his price.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #43
PaulYancick
I apologise 5007,and he does have the right to sell them at whatever price he wants to.But he doesnt have the right to sell them as pure breds when there not.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #44
snake5007
Hey, no problem Paul.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #45
evansnakes
At Tinley Park there were two vendors accross from me selling leucistic bairs/Texas rats. They were $40-50. I have never seen or heard of pure leucistic bairds.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:27 AM   #46
evansnakes
Just another thought, I sold a normal bairds ratsnake as a normal bairds ratsnake. Yes my email and screen name is evansnakes and yes I know Bob Vico, most people who have been in this business for a reasonable length of time do. What does any of that have to do with any of this topic? I am not saying anyone attacked me but when the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew jump out and ask "is Evan Stahl the same person as evansnakes?" "I searched this site and found a 3 year old post Evan made where he mentions Bob Vico!" You are subtly implying guilt by association. I have never sold a bairds rat suggesting or saying that it was anything else. When I do sell het animals I tell people and I back my genetics. Jen, I think you will be very pleased when you produce from my hets. When I sell hybrids I say that also. In fact I have texas x bairds het leucistsics for sale now for $20 that I got from Bob Vico in trade at Tinley Park. It is the only way to make the leucistics less aggressive and better quality genetically.

I also do not love being labeled "infamous" even as a joke. I doubt anyone else would appreciate a tag like that. I have gone pretty far out of my way for many people on this site and even after a long time of not using this site any longer for advertising or anything else, I still have to get told by users that I am being dumped on in a thread that is not even about me. I still get phone calls and emails often from fauna users asking me for info, help, advice or references for others and I have not ever once failed to help when asked. I do appreciate the "honest" comment Jen.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #47
Cat_72
Evan, the only reason I brought up your name was in reference to the OP questioning who you and Brian Barcyzk were, as if the 2 of you WERE questionable, and or "unknowns" since he didn't know who you were. That's the only reason I even said anything, and also said that I felt you were an "honest sort of guy"....and don't feel that you would have done anything dishonest. I trusted you enough to buy hets from you (something I just don't do from many folks anymore). I've seen you have, um...spats with a few folks around here, thus the "infamous", but I didn't mean it to be offensive.

I also only asked the OP if he had spoken to any of these people he was dropping names about to try to STOP the rumor mill. I don't think ANYONE (except perhaps the OP) meant to imply any kind of guilt, or anything else, by the comments made. If you (or anyone else) took my post as something else, I do apologize, as it truly wasn't meant that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Evan Stahl is pretty well known too (a bit "infamous" in some circles, lol, but IMO an honest sorta guy). I purchased some het BP from him. Don't know his history with Bairdi.

Have you spoken to ANY of these people that you have named, or are you just repeating what you "heard"? How do you know that the breeder of the snakes in question indeed was Bob Vico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
Then several names were thrown around to back up this claim of PURE leucy bairdi. The male original albino bairdi was purchased from BRIAN BARCHECK in '01. A normal female was purchased from EVAN STAHL also in '01. This breeding produced hets that were bred back to the albino male to get the four original leucy bairdi.
Quote:
Anyone know either of these guys ?
Evan Stahl sounds familiar.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #48
Cat_72
I screwed up that last quote.....I hit the qutoe tags instead of just bolding. It should look like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
Then several names were thrown around to back up this claim of PURE leucy bairdi. The male original albino bairdi was purchased from BRIAN BARCHECK in '01. A normal female was purchased from EVAN STAHL also in '01. This breeding produced hets that were bred back to the albino male to get the four original leucy bairdi. Anyone know either of these guys ? Evan Stahl sounds familiar.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #49
East Ozark Reptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYancick
(by the way Larry there spelled bairdi).
By the way, Paul, in the sentence above there should be spelled they're. If you're going to be giving out spelling lessons, please be sure you know how to spell in the first place.

I posted the Baird’s ratsnakes exactly as Bob Vico represented them to me. I have not sold any of them because of the controversy and I am returning every one of them back to him and am washing my hands of this whole fiasco.

I did not breed these snakes. If you have any questions concerning them, contact the man who bred them, Bob Vico at 314 644 1596.

Larry Hastings

Old 12-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #50
PaulYancick
Larry my grammar is terrible and there are some things spell check wont catch.I'm glad you decided to do the right thing.Now I'm curious what Lying Bob has to say?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!