Dr. Owens Partial or impartial? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
royalkreationz
Dr. Owens Partial or impartial?

On September 24, 2007, I made a post in the BOI in reference to a deal with Ed Braaten. I posted the same thread under each advertisement he had on the site. I realize this was a violation of the TOS of this site. On that same day, moderator hhmoore gave me 2 warning points which I do not dispute.
royalkreationz,

You have been issued a warning by hhmoore on the account of Posting BOI topics in other forums!

You now have 2 warning points.

Please read the rules and try to adhere to them to make FaunaClassifieds more useful and enjoyable for us all.

Thanks,
hhmoore
On Behalf of
Site Administration

On September 26, 2007, I was reissued 20 warning points by moderator Dr. Jay Owens in regards to this same post at 10:46 pm. and again at 11:00 pm. This would make a total of two seperate warnings from two seperate moderators for the same violation. Double Jeopardy? Again, I do not dispute the violation of the TOS and the warning points issued by moderator hhmoore.

In response to my second warning for the same violation, I sent the following PM to Dr. Jay Owens

My apologies.

My only question to you is, will you continue to allow him to use your website to conduct snake buisness? I am only asking this because it seems like everyone from law enforcement to reptile websites let him get away with this. He is a bad person for this business, and should be dealt with as such. I can't believe in this country that he is afforded so much protection by law enforcement and others after what he has done and continues to do by sending me taunting text messages.

This is the reply to my message that I sent to Dr. Jay Owens.

What exactly happened between you two?

Now my question is did he read my post before issuing warning points? If he did, why did he ask what happened between us?

I sent this PM the same day I received the above reply from Dr. Jay Owens.

I sent you a reply to your inquiry about Ed Braaten. I have not heard back from you, and was wondering if you read it yet. I would appreciate hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

I received this reply from Dr. Jay Owens.

Jody,
I received your pm, and it was a copy of what you had already posted in his ad. Was there something specific that I was supposed to reply to?

Thanks,
Jody Barnes

In the first post, I specifically asked him if this person would continue to be allowed to conduct such business using this website. Included with this PM, I sent a copy of what was in the BOI because he asked what exactly happened between us and so I took it that he did not read my post before issuing warning points.

My next PM to Dr. Jay Owens.

When you initially responded to me, you asked what the problem was between myself and Ed. I assumed that you didn't read the post, because I feel it clearly explains the details of what occurred between us. I was just wondering how you handle guys that conduct business like this. Do you continue to let them use your site, or do you put a stop to them? That is why I was saying that I felt that all advantages were on his side, as law enforcement declined to get involved, and he still has posts here. It is my position that if I ran this site, I would contact him and get his side of the story. If he lied, then I would ban him from using this site. I feel that it is up to you to protect us from people like this by banning them so they have no opportunity to do this to other people. That is what kingsnake.com did to him. Please let me know how you will handle this situation.

The response to this PM from Dr. Jay Owens.

Jody,
Even if I knew his side of the story, who am I to believe? Assurredly, you will both have different versions of the story.

If you want to make your story public, then the BOI is the place to do it. However, it would be misfounded to think that in telling your story, that you won't be challenged to prove the accuracy of your version of the events.

Good luck with your situation.

-Jay Owens

I can live with this. But, I do think there is more to the story. On December 6, 2007, I was visiting with a friend of mine and was told about the possibility that faunaclassifieds moderator Dr. Jay Owens was doing snake deals with Ed Braaten after my BOI post. This matters to me because I thought Ed should have paid me the money he owed me from the proceeds of the sale of the incubator. Maybe I am wrong?

I sent the following PM to Dr. Jay Owens on December 7, 2007.

Did you buy an incubator from Ed Braaten after I posted the negative feedback against him in the BOI? The reason I am asking is because Ed has said that you and him did some dealing after my negative post. If you have not done any dealings with him, I don't want him to do something to you that would cause you to be viewed negatively or in conjunction with him.

Thanks,
Jody Barnes

The reply I received from Dr. Jay Owens on December 7, 2007.

I did do a trade with Ed. I had originally contacted him prior to your posting about him. However, the trade was completed after the fact.

Why do you ask? And what do you mean by, "I don't want him to do something to you that would cause you to be viewed negatively or in conjunction with him?"

I asked because I thought it was rather interesting that the person who gave me warning points after another moderator had already taken care of the problem is dealing with the individual I was directing my posts at.

My point is this, When I was issued the first warning points by hhmoore, wasn't that enough to take care of the situation? Why did Dr. Jay Owens give me additional warning points for the same violation, and then ask me "What exactly happened between you two?" If he was in contact with Ed, I know Ed told him about the situation. I know this because Ed tried to convince Brandon Boeke to hold a $2k+ fire ball without a deposit and in the meantime tried to talk all kinds of crap about me and my little trip to Kansas. By the way, when I buy snakes from Brandon I go to his house and pick them up. I also get taken to dinner by him and his girlfriend because of the amount of money I spend on animals with them. He knew Ed was not telling the truth.

So, did I get issued double warning points for posting against the friend of a moderator? Did my posts ever get read before I was issued Points? If one mod issued 2 points once, why did Dr. Jay Owens issue 20 points twice? Is this a favor for a friend?

Thanks,
Jody Barnes

This is not intended to be a personal attack, but I am looking for clarification of the events listed above.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Wilomn
I've had my disagreements with Jay but I'll tell you that as of now, in my opinion, there was nothing personal involved in what he did.

Any of the mods, whether it be one or all forty-somthing of them have the ability to hit any post they want. That means you may get one or two zapping you for one post maybe none on another post and a dozen on yet another post. Each of us take things individually and do out best, well MOST of us, to be impartial. The Doc is fair. You get more points from him because he's a Super Mod than you would from someone like me, just a minimod at a contributor level whereas Harald has twice the punch I do since he is at the endowment level.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Jim O
First, this does not belong on the BOI. Perhaps a visit to the site rules would be in order for you. Your "argument" is totally without merit as you have a series of five warnings which have been issued for five different posts.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=546055#post546055'

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=546048#post546048'

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=546046#post546046'

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=562105#post562105'

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=562116#post562116'

But in answer to your question there is no exclusion for "double jeopardy". Each and every moderator has the ability to ding you for any post, irrespective of whether another, or multiple others have already done so.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
kmurphy
First, of all you really don't know that Ed Braaten told Dr. Owens anything about what's going between you two. It seems you're just assuming that because Ed told someone else. Second, you can get warning points from as many mods as feel it is necessary. That's why it takes so many to get suspended. Last, what gives you the right to question someone about their business with another individual?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
DThomas
As Wes has already stated and has been said by Rich, any number of Mods can issue warnings for a given post. There is no limit on the amount of points you can receive. Super Mod points are automatically multiplied by a factor of 4 above the listed point totals. That's why you received more points from Doc Jay.

As for the deal, as he already told you, the deal was already in the works before he knew about your issues.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
DThomas
Also, I have called and left a message for Jay letting him know this thread has been started.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
royalkreationz
ok

ok...........

Old 12-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
varnyard
This has nothing to do with a business transaction, I think this thread needs to be moved to the dump, but if it must exist the BS forums would be a better place then here.

Jody, are you sure this is not a personal attack?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
This has nothing to do with a business transaction, I think this thread needs to be moved to the dump, but if it must exist the BS forums would be a better place then here.

Jody, are you sure this is not a personal attack?
Well, since he is calling in to question Dr. Owens mod and business ethics, I think it is ok here. Atleast until Jay has a chance to respond.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #10
cahrens
Seems to me that if at the end of the day, the only thing I can find to whine about is warning points in Fauna, it's been a good day. Geez.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!