Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #161
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
I have kept quiet about a couple of facts because Wai apparently has too much honor and humility to bring it up here. It just goes to show a little bit about his character because he has zero ego and walks through life treating people with respect. So since he will not bring it up I will because i find it offensive for people to make some comments like the ones stated by the minions that came on here in the begining.

Wai lui is absolutely 100% qualified to ship these geckos safely. He is in fact very experienced in keeping reptiles and shipping them. Wai is too humble to bring up the fact that he will forever be enshrined as an icon in the gecko world. Here is a fact. You can thank Wai for number of things mostly introducing a few species to the gecko hobby when he still lived in China. I remember getting some of the first ever export of Teratoscincus roborowskii probably at least 15 years ago thanks to Wai. they may be a $15 wholesale gecko now but at the time they were very very rare and I paid alot more than $15 a piece. Also Wai has a very well known gecko species named after him. Very few people on fauna can say they have a species named after them. The species in question is Goniurosaurus luii a species of Cave gecko from China and Vietnam. Wai was the person who discovered the species and it was named in his honor when it was formerly described by Lee Grismer. So just wanting to shed some light on the fact that Wai is fully capable of shipping 1-2 geckos from California to Oklahoma.
Wai sounds like an awesome person. I'm hoping that he will visit Fauna from time to time on the forums.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #162
Tankster
Hello everyone, first at all I want to thank all of the supporters as well as those of you who have different opinions. After 10 days of on going discussions I've decided not to pursue this issue with Jon anymore.

Jay, thank you for your generous proposal, what a great person you are !! I hope there are many more peope like you in this field. It will be great to exchange my male to a female from you, then you sell the male for me to your friend. Since females are usually higher value than male, I think it will be fair if you allow me offer extra money to cover the price difference for the female.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Wai Lui

Old 12-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #163
Timathy
The logical answer is he doesn't have the money to refund Wai and doesn't want to come up with it!! Silence to Wai's request speaks volumes!!

Old 12-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #164
Timathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
Jay, thank you for your generous proposal, what a great person you are !! I hope there are many more peope like you in this field.
I couldn't agree more!! Jay is a great guy, if only they were all of his caliber!!

Old 12-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #165
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
For all that smoke Jon was blowing and puffing about all the species he has worked with, I bet not having one named after him is a bruising blow to his ego, lol. Thats why you shouldn't assume you're the top dog.

Wonder why he isn't making things right? Seems like he is ignoring the situation, hoping it will blow over.
Yes waiting for it to blow over.Guarantee it.

Also for the record...Jon knows exactly who Wai is. Anyone who has been keeping and breeding rare and obscure geckos as long as i have(20 years) knows who Wai is.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #166
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
Hello everyone, first at all I want to thank all of the supporters as well as those of you who have different opinions. After 10 days of on going discussions I've decided not to pursue this issue with Jon anymore.

Jay, thank you for your generous proposal, what a great person you are !! I hope there are many more peope like you in this field. It will be great to exchange my male to a female from you, then you sell the male for me to your friend. Since females are usually higher value than male, I think it will be fair if you allow me offer extra money to cover the price difference for the female.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Wai Lui
Wai,

I can't accept extra money.I actually won't. it is my pleasure.and i am not actually out any money because I was selling the juvenile rugosus for a certain amount of money and that amount is all i need. I will still get the same amount of money and i am helping out 2 friends in the process. It will be good to see you at the show in a couple of weeks.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #167
DavidBeard
Sounds to me that Mr. Boone could take some pointers on how to treat people from Mr. Sommers.

Too often we forget that this hobby should not be based around numbers, dollar signs or egos.....its supposed to be based around the animals themselves and how we treat each other.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #168
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Wai sounds like an awesome person. I'm hoping that he will visit Fauna from time to time on the forums.
Lucille he is. Even now, after who he is has brought up, he still chooses to act with humility instead of an egotistical jerk. Wai was out of the scen for a while,i am glad he is back in. He always had a reputation of being kind and respectful and willing to help. Never heard a bad thing about him.

for those viewing the thread... sometimes people are not who they seem. Sometimes the honorable respected people are not what they appear. And sometimes the people who appear to be jerks are actually not. Peoples judgement gets clouded and they try to earn brownie points not realizing the reason you haven't gotten burned yet is because you haven't dealt with that person long enough. Then when it's all said and done the truth smacks you in the face and you realize what a fool you were.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #169
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
Lucille he is. Even now, after who he is has brought up, he still chooses to act with humility instead of an egotistical jerk. Wai was out of the scen for a while,i am glad he is back in. He always had a reputation of being kind and respectful and willing to help. Never heard a bad thing about him.

for those viewing the thread... sometimes people are not who they seem. Sometimes the honorable respected people are not what they appear. And sometimes the people who appear to be jerks are actually not. Peoples judgement gets clouded and they try to earn brownie points not realizing the reason you haven't gotten burned yet is because you haven't dealt with that person long enough. Then when it's all said and done the truth smacks you in the face and you realize what a fool you were.
I understand that you have a lot of respect for Wai and it would appear rightly so. What is also abundantly clear is that you have less respect for Jon. You have made several thinly veiled (very thinly veiled) accusations as to the Jon's character without offering any evidence whatsoever. I doubt if I could get away with making the accusations you made without some sort or reprimand. And before everyone comes on here saying "what accusations" and "what did he say about Jon" all I say is read with an open mind and you will see.

I'm not saying Jon didn't mishandle this and you are doing a very honorable thing by helping Wai out with this. My issue comes from your comments about Jon. Even though you have tried to hide them and make it seem as you are talking about people in general everyone without a biased opinion will see they are about him. Heck, even those with a biased opinion will see it they just won't admit it.

It's not even as if I know Jon or have dealt with him or will ever deal with him. Heck for all I know your accusations may be correct. That does not change the fact that they are accusations without evidence and therefore are inappropriate.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #170
DavidBeard
All the evidence needed is right here in this thread, Mr. Schindler.....what more would you need?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!