Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 140 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #1391
FresnoTortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
False, one screwup can break a reputation. Most especially when handled as badly as Ty has handled this one.

Then again, this isn't Ty's first screwup. Lynn mentioned how Ty did him dirty long before this case. If I was a betting man, I would be more than willing to bet that Lynn wasn't Ty's first.
You heard one side of the Lynn and Ty transaction. We may never hear Ty's side of that transaction. Shouldn't you get both sides of the story before making judgement?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 AM   #1392
caffeinecynic
Earlier in the thread, it was suggested that this was about gender - that Ty wouldn't have treated Michelle this way if she wasn't female.

Now you say Fauna wouldn't treat Ty this way if he wasn't Asian.

Let me just enlighten you otherwise.

Jeff and Christina Wise aren't Asian

Nor is Garrett Smith

Or Mel Kruger

Or Mike Matson

These are some of Fauna's longest and most active BOI 'bad guy' threads. Not a one of them are of Asian descent. I do think the 'King Cong' comment was uncalled for, but at the end of the day, making fun of someone's name doesn't inherently make that individual a racist - and trust me, I've seen way worse from Kennard to people who are white as snow. My impression is he doesn't suffer fools well.

Your implication that because my ethnicity means I'm unqualified to judge discrimination is, in itself, discriminatory and also very presumptuous. The only person behaving with prejudice is you. At the end of the day, most of the people replying here have a consistent track record of calling a Spade a Spade, regardless of who it is - and you can look at the other thread links and who the posters are in them to see for yourself.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #1393
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
Arguments like this, pulling race into things where it doesn't come up, are counter-productive.
At this point, even addressing such arguments basically amounts to feeding the proverbial troll. Considering how he's vacillated throughout this thread, I think we're kinda just giving an attention whore his fix. As much as I generally hate to let idiocy go unchallenged, I seriously doubt that anyone will come across this thread and decide that racism played any part in it - at least, no one who doesn't need to grasp at the flimsiest, most non-existent straws to try to defend Ty Park. I think this may be a situation where the accusations of racism can be simplified to a "he who smelt it dealt it" kind of scenario - it may be a glimpse into their own natural tendencies.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #1394
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
At this point, even addressing such arguments basically amounts to feeding the proverbial troll. Considering how he's vacillated throughout this thread, I think we're kinda just giving an attention redacted his fix. As much as I generally hate to let idiocy go unchallenged, I seriously doubt that anyone will come across this thread and decide that racism played any part in it - at least, no one who doesn't need to grasp at the flimsiest, most non-existent straws to try to defend Ty Park. I think this may be a situation where the accusations of racism can be simplified to a "he who smelt it dealt it" kind of scenario - it may be a glimpse into their own natural tendencies.
You are likely correct.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:08 AM   #1395
FresnoTortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
Earlier in the thread, it was suggested that this was about gender - that Ty wouldn't have treated Michelle this way if she wasn't female.

Now you say Fauna wouldn't treat Ty this way if he wasn't Asian.

Let me just enlighten you otherwise.

Jeff and Christina Wise aren't Asian

Nor is Garrett Smith

Or Mel Kruger

Or Mike Matson

These are some of Fauna's longest and most active BOI 'bad guy' threads. Not a one of them are of Asian descent. I do think the 'King Cong' comment was uncalled for, but at the end of the day, making fun of someone's name doesn't inherently make that individual a racist - and trust me, I've seen way worse from Kennard to people who are white as snow. My impression is he doesn't suffer fools well.

Your implication that because my ethnicity means I'm unqualified to judge discrimination is, in itself, discriminatory and also very presumptuous. The only person behaving with prejudice is you. At the end of the day, most of the people replying here have a consistent track record of calling a Spade a Spade, regardless of who it is - and you can look at the other thread links and who the posters are in them to see for yourself.
Three of those four are actually real crooks. I am on the fence on Mike Matson. If you want to talk about spades, 3 of the 4 are real spades. If spades are crooks.

You are qualified to judge discrimination on gender and sexual orientation. I stand behind my statement that I don't feel you are qualified to judge discrimination based on skin color.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #1396
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
The transaction itself has nothing to do with discrimination in race or gender, now the other 138 pages of comments and other hate has to do with discrimination based on race. I am guessing you are a white person? I am not so sure a white person should be telling a minority, "hey this is not discrimination." I wonder if fauna has data on race of their members, I'm guessing 75 to 85 percent white?
No, this site doesn't ask for any data about any member concerning race, national origin, or sexual orientation. Because in my opinion it is immaterial and irrelevant to the focus of the discussions that take place.

BTW, look at the name of the person in the topic line of this thread. FYI, it is "Ty Park". There is nothing in that name that indicates any sort of race or national origin at all. And my guess is that nearly everyone who doesn't know, or know of, Ty Park would not have a clue that he is of Korean ancestry. Much less care either way, in my opinion, concerning the focus of this discussion.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:33 AM   #1397
FresnoTortoise
Rich,

In the title, sure it is pretty race neutral. But then it changes, on first post full name "taesoon park" first name, with in a couple of pages he avatar picture from screen shots are posted.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:02 AM   #1398
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
Rich,

In the title, sure it is pretty race neutral. But then it changes, on first post full name "taesoon park" first name, with in a couple of pages he avatar picture from screen shots are posted.
In my opinion your claims are frivolous and without any merit whatsoever. Seriously, how many people would be able to determine national origin from a name like "Taesoon Park"? How many would really care to even look it up to try to make such a determination? And why would any person named as such be subject to any sort of national ancestry discrimination moreso that someone with a last name of, say, oh I don't know, how about "Zuchowski"? I'll bet there are a LOT more Polish jokes than there are Korean jokes.

Seriously, knock it off with the off topic chatter in this thread. If you want to talk about your own personal issues about discrimination, please go somewhere else to do so. I suggest FaceBook. Seems like an excellent place for you to discuss such matters to wanting eyes and ears.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #1399
FresnoTortoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
In my opinion your claims are frivolous and without any merit whatsoever. Seriously, how many people would be able to determine national origin from a name like "Taesoon Park"? How many would really care to even look it up to try to make such a determination? And why would any person named as such be subject to any sort of national ancestry discrimination moreso that someone with a last name of, say, oh I don't know, how about "Zuchowski"? I'll bet there are a LOT more Polish jokes than there are Korean jokes.

Seriously, knock it off with the off topic chatter in this thread. If you want to talk about your own personal issues about discrimination, please go somewhere else to do so. I suggest FaceBook. Seems like an excellent place for you to discuss such matters to wanting eyes and ears.
Ok, then what about the picture of Ty that were posted? Are you going to make the same claim?

Old 04-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #1400
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

From one Polish person to another: so do I.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu