Any chevy guys here? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
WebSlave
Yeah, that's one of the issues with the C6 generation of Corvette. Not enough visual distinction between the models. Even the ZR-1 is tough to tell unless you are genuine Corvette fanatic. So then GM comes out with the new Grand Sport model, which will be nearly impossible to tell from a Z06, even by those people in the know, unless they catch those minor visual cues.

And to be perfectly honest, I think the interiors on the C6s, unless you pay the bucks for the custom leather interior, is inferior to that of the C5s. That was one of the things that stymied my plan on getting a C6 Z06. Unless I could get that custom interior option (3LZ), I wasn't interested in getting one. Apparently the dealers felt that this option was a life saver for them, and they had a death grip on that on-lot stock while sales were pretty much non-existent. I believe those cars are still on their lots nearly a year later....

Anyway, good luck with your build. Post pics when you can...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
boanation
Will try. Thanks.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
boanation
Nice videos. It is funny that I got into an argument a while back with a chevy guy. He said that the transmission was NOT in the back on those cars.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
boanation

Old 12-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #15
boanation
Beside A snake shed.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #16
WebSlave
That's a pretty big turbo! Mine are much smaller then that. I wanted them to spool up quickly so I went with smaller exhaust chambers. If I can ever get that engine build done, I may have to go to bigger turbos just because of the increase in air being moved around.

But World Products is giving me the run-around about the heads, so I'm not sure at this point whether that is going to happen or not. I'm about ready to just cancel the whole deal and forget about it. My car has been in the shop since late October, with no end in sight yet. I'm about ready to put my LS6 back in and call it a day.....

Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #17
boanation
Shops are good at that. A guy on my forum has had his twin turbo 363 getting a "tune" before I left for my 7 month deployment. It is still there. Every week they tell him it will be done this week. No lie.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
hosty
Insane! I'm an import guy. But that corvette is insane! Nice mustang too.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #19
boanation
Little update.

Got the supercharger installed. Still saving up for the new shortblock.

And the wheels and tires for the dragstrip.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #20
jjhall8
Heres a GM for ya, all aluminum 509BBC twin 88mm turbos.Has been 6.90@ 212mph.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!