Any chevy guys here? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #21
boanation

If you want to talk about cars that you don't own. Here is the WORLD RECORD on a street tire. Using 434 cubes of ford power. Fed by a couple turbos.

RWD Dan Saitz, St. Louis, MO 07 Mustang 434 Ford 6.195 04/01/2008

RWD Dan Saitz, St. Louis, MO 07 Mustang 434 Ford 236.23 04/01/2008
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/track/...200804&id=1726

Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #22
WebSlave
Heck, I thought we were talking about cars we owned and actually streetable....

BTW, my car is STILL in the shop! After finding that the intake manifold bolt holes were drilled incorrectly, then the fix that World Products did on those holes looking like someone had done them in their basement, AND then finding a crack in the head casing surrounding an exhaust valve guide, I rejected that Warhawk engine completely. Luckily LME is biting the bullet on this one and building me a NEW engine. Just waiting for the RHS block to show up at LME so they can do their work on it. Been a damned long 5 months (!!) with my car tied up..........

Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #23
jjhall8
I helped build this car and I have spent alot of time helping crew this car.It is owned by my best friend.So I am sorry to intrude on your thread,did not know there were rules listed to reply,the title of the thread is any chevy guys here so I replied.Just wanted to show what I take alot of pride in.Won't do it again.Once again SORRY.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #24
boanation
No one is mad, guess you can't tell just by typing.

Always something when it comes to cars webslave. Ive been correcting problem after problem with this supercharger install. Should have a tune by mid week. I will post results.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhall8 View Post
I helped build this car and I have spent alot of time helping crew this car.It is owned by my best friend.So I am sorry to intrude on your thread,did not know there were rules listed to reply,the title of the thread is any chevy guys here so I replied.Just wanted to show what I take alot of pride in.Won't do it again.Once again SORRY.
Man, don't worry about it. It's all in fun anyway. Hell, I would LOVE to drive a car that could do the quarter under 7 seconds. I would probably be screaming just like I do when on a roller coaster....

Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #26
boanation
About time ford stepped it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHqbqGCCMc

Old 08-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #27
WebSlave
Unbelievable as it may seem, my car is STILL in the shop.

From the last message to this one, I had to reject that original Warhawk engine because I found a crack in one of the heads around a valve guide and just decided (with all the other problems) that I didn't want this turkey in my car. So this latest engine is based on the RHS block and some other brand of heads (which look a LOT nicer) that I can't remember off hand. Of course, this all took substantial time to iron out.

Anyway, here's the latest video I took last week (Thursday - 07/29) of the "coming to life" of the engine. This is the second time it was started, but Wednesday the few times we tried it would rev up to around 3800 rpm before shutting it down. Come to find out that the throttle body is allowing way too much air through it at idle. So the guy working on it put on another throttle body that seemed to be indexed correctly and that fixed that particular problem You can hear at the end that the engine running away stopped when the other throttle body was put onto the intake. And you can see that the A/F ratio needs to be tweaked from the unburned gasoline coming out of the tailpipes..

We also found an oil leak that is coming from the camshaft position sensor. Short explanation is that the sensor had to be relocated from the rear or the block to the front, and then on top of that, RHS raised the camshaft higher off of the crank, so this was pretty much a custom job (yet again). Apparently LME welded a bung onto the timing chain cover, and for some dang reason the bung is too big for the sensor itself. Consequently the O-ring seal doesn't fit tight enough and oil is leaking around it. Still working on a solution to this right at the moment, but to say I am aggravated at yet another roadblock is a vast understatement. It's now been nine (9) months that my car has been in the shop!

Anyway, here's a video of that session starting the new engine up...

Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #28
brd7666
I hope you get your car back soon Rich.

Here is a very nice web site that I am a member of. I hope you all enjoy.

www.ford-trucks.com

check it out. It's great.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
boanation
That sucks. My car hes been getting prepped for paint for 3 months now. He originally said it would be 2 weeks max. I have a different car now. I sold the other one. This is os faster than the last one and is all motor. Nitrous to be coming soon. Can't watch the video on the ship so I will try to remember tomorrow.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #30
boanation
The car sounds mean! Looking forward to videos of it moving.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!