Best Sweet Potato Casserole - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
JColt
Best Sweet Potato Casserole

Coming up on that time a year again. Although I make this several times a year after the holidays.

4 large dark skinned sweet potato peeled and cubed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil. Add cubed sweet potatoes. Return to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer sweet potatoes until tender (15-20 minutes). Drain.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Add in cooked sweet potatoes and use a hand mixer to mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In medium bowl prepare the streusel topping. Mix the sugar and flour together. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Servings: 8 Servings

Old 11-03-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
LauraB
Exact recipe I've used for years (except I cheat a bit and add a bit more butter, vanilla and brown sugar, lol). Too good not to make at least once or twice a year!

Old 11-03-2019, 01:40 AM   #3
Randall Turner
Sounds good. We make a variant of sweet potato casserole probably half a dozen times a year, since 4 of the 6 people in the house love sweet potatoes.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #4
Lucille
It does sound delicious. Between canning a bunch of potatoes and buying a couple cases of commercially canned, I have plenty of sweet potatoes on hand.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!