Bad Guy WARNING OF FRAUD--AVOID DANE TANNOUS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
NorCalRoyals5
Thumbs down WARNING OF FRAUD--AVOID DANE TANNOUS

WARNING!!
Anyone know a DANE TANNOUS or dealt with him in the past? He had several postings on kingsnake with the contact email dtannous27@gmail.com. We contacted him and began the process of purchasing a fire female from him. He then told us to send the money to his PayPal at eetincleve@gmail.com. We sent a total of $500 and were waiting for an email to inform us of the total cost of shipping, instead we received an email telling us that there was an issue with the purchase. Apparently we had been talking to his brother previously and according to whom now was actually Dane, his brother was the one who posted his snakes as he had been in the hospital and was just out and the snake we had paid for was not supposed to be sold (convenient right? Ugh) He told us we would either receive the animal we paid for or we would get a refund. We sent SEVERAL emails stating that we wanted a refund. He never responded. So needless to say we opened a case with PayPal and they have issued us a refund. Up until this point we have been lucky enough not to have to deal with such a situation and hopefully we won't have to again. Just an FYI and warning to all, and hopefully none of you have to go through the same experience!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Can you tell us more about the fire you thought you bought.
Baby or proven breeder?
Did you get a weight for her?

Thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
NorCalRoyals5
She was supposed to be a proven breeder. I received one photo of her. I'm not sure if the Kingsnake ad had her weight or not.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
Robert Walker
When did you send your first and last payment?
Also when did PayPal give you your refund?

I'm going somewhere with this, thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRoyals5 View Post
We sent a total of $500 and were waiting for an email to inform us of the total cost of shipping, instead we received an email telling us that there was an issue with the purchase.
When was this also?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
NorCalRoyals5
We sent the first payment on Oct. 6th and the second payment on the 15th and that is when I last heard from him when he sent the email stating we would receive the female we paid for or he would give us a refund. I emailed him back immediately and was originally going to try to discuss it with him, but then decided we just wanted a refund and sent several emails that day and the following days. After we didn't hear from him over the weekend, we contacted PayPal. They said he had not responded to them so they emailed us today stating that they would issue us the refund of the $500. Also, the ad said she was 1350g. My boyfriend is the one who sent the money so he was the one dealing with PayPal, so he would know better than me as to exactly what PayPal said to him.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
We sent the first payment on Oct. 6th and the second payment on the 15th
I'm surprised Paypal is allegedly issuing a refund:

To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

Pay for the eligible item from your Account.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #8
NorCalRoyals5
Yeah, my bf said that PayPal told him he is protected by buyers protection or whatever... IDK all the details of what they said to him. He just told me this afternoon that PayPal said they would be issuing him a refund.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
Robert Walker
Okay Linda, I just got off the phone with Dane and explained to him what was going on with the thread. He said he will get on here and try to explain things better.

I think if everyone can take a calm breath, this might actually be very workable and done with pretty quick. - thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Yeah, my bf said that PayPal told him he is protected by buyers protection or whatever... IDK all the details of what they said to him. He just told me this afternoon that PayPal said they would be issuing him a refund.
It appears he was the actual buyer since the funds came out of his account. Perhaps he could open an account here and give some explanation as to what transpired with Paypal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!