Hypo and super hypo/orange sonoran dwarf boas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
bigjay
Hypo and super hypo/orange sonoran dwarf boas

Just wanted to share pics of my pair of midget sonoran boas with people that might understand my fascination with them the male is a super hypo from the snake keepers and the female is a hypo from Rio Bravo. I love their dark eyes and hog island like appearance. Im not a serious boa guy but I have always loved the insular and mainland dwarf species, they are such oddballs.

I would like to be in contact with other sonoran breeders to possibly swap babys with next year. This pair is proven and has had the last year off so im hoping for a handfull of little orange micro machines come next summer.

Male 3', 5 years old

Female 4.5', 5 years old

Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
PyBoa1964
Awesome boas Jay

Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
bigjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyBoa1964 View Post
Awesome boas Jay
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Metachrosis
I like'm small too

Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
bigjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
I like'm small too
Thanks man! Hey I like your sig.. I get so irritated when I see peoples 7' hog islands!! its rediculous

I just took these pics of my female sonoran today, I love the orange all over her and the big patch on the back of her head. I cant wait for this next season!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
7' Hog Island Boas isn't an unheard of thing, even for conservative feeders. I feed my '02 girl 1 rat every three weeks, she's working on 7 ft, and actually gets fat off that diet.

BTW, nice looking critters. I got a couple mini Boas around here too.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
bigjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
7' Hog Island Boas isn't an unheard of thing, even for conservative feeders. I feed my '02 girl 1 rat every three weeks, she's working on 7 ft, and actually gets fat off that diet.

BTW, nice looking critters. I got a couple mini Boas around here too.

Your totally right, its become very common to see big hogs, I just remember clearly back in the early 90's when I was a kid seeing most of them no bigger than 5.5'. Bieng from a very tiny island(s) they are much smaller in the wild than we grow em' here. Some get bigger geneticly but many are irresponsibly overfed. Once a week like yours is great, shes just bigger by genetics

Old 10-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
Metachrosis
everything here is 3 weeks minimum,that scares folks

Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Snakesitter
Great looking animals, thanks for sharing!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
bigjay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Great looking animals, thanks for sharing!

Thanks man!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!