ANACONDAS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
SnakeMaster01
Anacondas

I don't think you understand. A Yellow Anaconda is an Anaconda. A Green Anaconda is an Anaconda. They have the same name.
Now a Reticulated Python is a Reticulated Python. Not a Burmese Python. That's why they are a Hybrid and the Anacondas are crosses. I've been doing this for a long time my friend.
The Retic and Burmese are completely different snakes. An Anaconda, wether Green or Yellow, is still an Anaconda.
My conversation with you is done. You make no sense.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
anthonym
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeMaster01 View Post
I don't think you understand. A Yellow Anaconda is an Anaconda. A Green Anaconda is an Anaconda. They have the same name.
Now a Reticulated Python is a Reticulated Python. Not a Burmese Python. That's why they are a Hybrid and the Anacondas are crosses. I've been doing this for a long time my friend.
The Retic and Burmese are completely different snakes. An Anaconda, wether Green or Yellow, is still an Anaconda.
Wow... I'm speechless... I don't care how long you've been doing this, you obviously have no clue how taxonomical classification works. Green and Yellow Anaconda's are NOT the same species. I repeat, NOT the same species. Just like Reticulated Pythons and Burmese Pythons are NOT the same species. Both are pythons, but not the same species of python. "Anaconda" is nothing more than a common name applied to both of them. Green and Yellow Anacondas are two different species in the genus Eunectes, just like Retics and Burms are two different species in the genus Python.

Anacondas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunectes#Species
Pythons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(genus)#Species

How does that not make any sense to you??
YOU make no sense.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
Ricky Ortiz84
WOW man a green conda crossed with a yellow conda is still a hybrid get your knowledge straight. As Anthonym stated completely different species of snake.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
SnakeMaster01
Anacondas

Like I said, I'm done with this conversation. I should have known better than to argue with a couple kids. I have been keeping Anacondas longer than you guys have been alive. Sorry to bother you guys.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
anthonym
Quote:
Like I said, I'm done with this conversation. I should have known better than to argue with a couple kids. I have been keeping Anacondas longer than you guys have been alive. Sorry to bother you guys.
You can have been keeping Anacondas for as long as you like, but that doesn't change the fact that they are classified as two separate species? I'm sure Ben Renick or Kelly Haller would agree.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive about it? But if you want to remain ignorant in the face of scientific classification, that's your call..

Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Green and yellow anacondas are members of the same genus...just as retics and burms are members of the same genus. They are, however, different species (murinus for the green, and notaeus for the yellow), just as retics and burms are different species - so the green x yellow cross IS a hybrid. You may have been doing this a long time; but, in this case, you are mistaken.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:

I'm not a kid, and I'll argue that either one of them has a better understanding of this stuff then you. A CROSS would be two animals of the same species. A Boa Constrictor imperitor, with a Boa Constrictor constrictor. That's a cross. BC constrictor with a BC amarali. Also a cross. Boa Constrictor with Boa Mandrita, now that's a hybrid mr. snake "master".

To the OP, I can't answer your question because I do not follow Annies and I don't follow hybrids even more.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
SnakeMaster01
Anacondas

Alright kids, I see you called on all your friends to defend you. Good luck in your snake keeping. And again, a Cross is a Cross. And a Hybrid is a Hybrid. Now what's the" hybrid" name for CROSSING 2 Anacondas??????? If I'm not mistaken, its called a Yellow/Green CROSS. Thank you.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #19
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Alright kids, I see you called on all your friends to defend you. Good luck in your snake keeping. And again, a Cross is a Cross. And a Hybrid is a Hybrid. Now what's the" hybrid" name for CROSSING 2 Anacondas??????? If I'm not mistaken, its called a Yellow/Green CROSS. Thank you.
The human mind, a lot like a parachute, works a lot better when it's open.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
AndyConda
Ok sorry to get some of you arguing with eachother, that was not my intentions. But back to my original post, does anyone have an idea on what to set the price at on these guys? I dont want to be to high and not make any sales but dont want to lowball them and loose some possible good money. Any info would be great just trying to get some numbers.
Thanks Andy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!