what would you do with kink tail boas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
allreptiles1966
what would you do with kink tail boas?

I just had a small litter of boas and have 3 with kinked tails?
I would keep them for pets if they could defecate properly.
Would you put down or see if they can eat and use the cloaca?
please offer any opinions if experienced.If they need to be put down i want to do soon as i dont want them to suffer.It seems they know they are injured because they are the only 3 being nippy. After 2 litters i have not been struck at by baby's except for these ones. lol.
Thank you
Rich
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
ShadowAceD
Those are some pretty nasty tail kinks.

Personally, I would cull them.

Unless you are keeping them their entire lives, you cannot guarantee someone is not going to attempt to breed the animal, cause further harm, create imperfect babies or something else.

Even still ... people should be breeding for high quality animals and one with a kink is anything but.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
hhmoore
I agree - I've given away babies with MINOR kinks as pets...and culled babies far less kinked than those.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
allreptiles1966
Thank you
I thought they were nasty.i dont want them to be bred either!will they be able to defacate normally?
I have someone who would take 1 and not breed it.
But if the majority agree with you i will put cull them.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
what would you do Harold with these.They will end up in our area and i would hate to see an add on cl from them trying to find it a home.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
ShadowAceD
No way to tell until either they deficate or die of impaction. It's your call, but I really think it is in the better interest of the animals to cull them.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
ShadowAceD
Truthfully, this is the part of breeding no one wants to deal with or talk about, but it speaks better for you as a breeder to remove genetically imperfect animals from any potential gene pool than it does to let them remain in it.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
hhmoore
If you've got a definite pet only home - this one doesn't look all that bad from the picture
But you're the one looking at it

Personally, I wouldn't even bother setting the other two up, let alone wait for them to shed.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
quickest way for them? freezer or hatchet?? sorry to anyone offended

Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
allreptiles1966
I am definitely against poor breeding practices.I am culling them! i hope to be on here a long time and a good rep is important.Trying to build it now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!