Bad Checks/Fish &Critters, Jacksonville Florida - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
bcherps
Bad Checks/Fish &Critters, Jacksonville Florida

Just wanted to know if anyone else got stuck with a bad check from Fish & Critters from Jacksonville Florida. He was purchasing quite a bit of stuff at Daytona.

If you did I am starting a file for submittal to the state's attorney office. Please email me at Bcherps@yahoo.com with your phone number and contact info.

Thanks
Ben Cole

Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Lucille
More info would be helpful. Did you contact them? What did they say? Did they offer to make it right?
Perhaps I should not confess this but many years ago before electronic deposit I accidentally stashed my paycheck in my purse instead of the bank.; Thinking it was in the bank, I wrote a bunch of checks.
Made good to everyone, the lady at the bank laughed, have been more careful since. Even good people can bounce sometimes.....

Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
LUCILLE, the difference is that

you had the money!

Old 08-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
bcherps
Yes, I have tried to make contact on 12 ocassions from thursday until today. I have left day and night numbers on answering machines. I have called the bank the check is drawn on, and there has not be sufficient funds in this account for awhile. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and nothing has been done on thier part to contact me or vindicate this situation.

This is also a business account not a personal account so it is much easier to keep track of in my experience. At my old retail location I had a set of suppliers that each got a check every week and a set of employees and that was it whereas personal accounts money is going everywhere from scheduled payments and bills, to kids/school and stores, plus my retail store had a daily deposit into the bank of the days sales. This stores account has had no deposits into the account since daytona?-something is fishy
Thanks
ben

Old 08-24-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
Russ Bates
Where in Jax are they located

Ben,
I'm curious to know if they are an actual business or just a hobbyist name being used. I live in Jax and I definately don't want to do business with anyone who knowingly writes bad checks.
Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get the money owed to you.

Russ

Old 08-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
BenSiegelReptiles
oob

if my memory serves me correctly fish and critters was a store in the gainesville mall a long time ago-i used to sell them-they filed bankruptcy and stiffed me for about $550--was it a big guy?--the name jeff rings a bell

Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #7
bcherps
yes they are a "real" business with a storefront in jacksonville.

Ben Cole

Old 08-25-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
bcherps
I don't believe this is the same guy Ben. This guy is in a wheelchair, I don't know if the chair is a recent thing but he didn't look like a big guy.

I just checked my messages and he tried to contact me last night and gave me some excuses that he had check bounce on him and to contact him for payment.

I will post back here if he doesn't follow through with fixing this.

Ben Cole

Old 08-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #9
therock050283
fish and critters bad checks jax, fl

This store is located in a little strip mall on Lane Ave.
The directions to the store are, from I-95 N. turn right on Normandy BLvd. Go past a Super Wal-mart keep going past a McDonalds until you get to a gas station on a intersection, that will be LANE. Hang a right and you will see a lumber store with a restaurant across the road, (St. John Seafood) You will see a little strip mall and you will see a gas station on your right, the parking lot right beside the station with a vystar atm in the front. The store is Just labeled PET SHOP. On the door only will you find the actual name of the store.
I dont like this guy, i have tried to help him get his business started by looking at the snakes he had, for instance, i bought a baby ball from there, a weeklater it was dead, and so were alot of other ppl's snakes after a week. This baby was clearly sick after i bought it ( a few days later) i wouldn't eat or drink water from its bowl , i tried to take as much care as i could to the snake. But after a week i noticed the snake getting stiff? and a day later from that, it dies. After a closer look to the snkae , after a week it had developed bumps all over the belly, the belly was blue and that was something i didnt like at all. So i took the snake back and his wife was there, she was sympathetic about it and gave me a baby for free, a week later it died!!! same stuff, i had put it in a container by itself , cleaned with bleach and water to disenfect it. well a week later , boom same stuff. Then i took the snake back again, i wanted to talk to him, but he wouldnt budge on it, NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES ON LIVE ANIMALS, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ON SURVIVAL. This really made me mad. I havent bought from him again since then and that has been weeks ago, This guy is clearly a ass( sorry but it is the correct use of the word). Also, his other animals like the dogs have not been taken care of, he gets pups in and doesnt give them the correct shots, i noticed a cocker spaniel in there it was clearly sick....i told him and he did nothing, came in the next day same and worse for the pup, thats when i stopped going. I mayself thought this was a serious thing, I STOPPED GOING!!! AND SO SHOULD ANYONE ELSE HERE IN JAX THAT HAS WENT. THIS IS UNSAT!!!

Old 08-26-2004, 04:41 PM   #10
therock050283
fish and critters bad checks

I meant I-295

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!