32 Spiders in one order of crickets from www.reptilefood.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
MGReptiles
32 Spiders in one order of crickets from www.reptilefood.com

Ok I know there was another post about Big Apple sending spiders in their cricket orders.. I just rceived my biweekly order from reptilefood.com and it had 32, yeah I said 32 spiders of 2 different species in one box.. And thats the ones I could catch and kill. I kept 8 or so to take pics of.. Can anyone recommend a cricket company that does not send "additional species" with your order? Here is what I was told

"Julia: The spiders that get into the crickets are common brown spiders that are harmless. I can get a refund for you if you would prefer. That many spiders in an order is very uncommon and very unlikely to happen again."

Now I know that all spiders have a form of venom, some of course are milder than others.. But harmless, nope.. I am allergic to bee stings so I would imagine any mild venom woudl cause the swelling or even anaphalitic shock like a bee sting would.. Anywho just thought I would let you guys know.. Thanks,
-Matt Graybeal
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
KelliH

That is disgusting.

I am definitely scared to order crickets from them anymore. I found a few spider in a shipment from them a few weeks ago, but have not seen any in subsequent weeks.

Who does everyone recommend from crix?

Old 05-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Lucille
www.ebugco.com The Bug Company, I order both mealworms and have ordered crix from them and have never seen a spider in an order; which is good cuz I personally do not care much for spiders.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
Zx7trev
Many of these guys dropship the crickets. This means that you place the order with them, then they place an order with their supplier, who ships directly to you with the first compnaies packingslip. I bet you are dealing with the same supplier as the prior post from a week or two ago. Are at let the same couple of suppliers.

Shawn

Old 05-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
repzoo44
I have used armstrong in the past and was very pleased with every order. Not ine single spider. If im not mistaken they ship the crickets theirself so you arent getting anything from a 2nd party.

EP Forehand

Old 05-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
DAND
Bonus!

Cool, free Spiders. Just Kidding.

I get my crickets from Casey (Natures Spirit) who I believe is a distributor for Top Hat. I have never seen a spider in any of my crickets.

Old 05-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
Lucille
I think th Bug Company ships their own stuff, they have these terrific little cardboard boxes with screening and their company name for the crix, and (since I order lots of mealworms at one time) large boxes imprinted with their name with 2 individual bags inside. With no spiders.
They are also prompt, courteous, and had set up an account for me so I would not have to reorder each month.
Yuck. Spiders. What else will the reptile world have to deal with?

Old 05-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
gila7150
I used reptilefood.com when I kept herps that ate crickets and I was always very happy with the product I received.
I assume that since you receive bi-weekly orders from them that their quality has been pretty good up until now and they did offer a refund when you contacted them with a complaint regarding this order.

Based on my past experience with them, I'll probably buy from them again this summer when I hatch out my tegus unless this sort of thing becomes a pattern.

Old 05-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Yuck. Spiders. What else will the reptile world have to deal with?
Maybe these will start showing up next?
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #10
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150
I used reptilefood.com when I kept herps that ate crickets and I was always very happy with the product I received.
I assume that since you receive bi-weekly orders from them that their quality has been pretty good up until now and they did offer a refund when you contacted them with a complaint regarding this order.

Based on my past experience with them, I'll probably buy from them again this summer when I hatch out my tegus unless this sort of thing becomes a pattern.

Yup I WAS happy, but something like that only takes one time for me... I have used armstrong in the past and bugco in a jam from my mocal place that has the groovy little "to go " boxes..lol This hasent been my first problem though.. Just the first that I thought that should be brought public...
-Matt Graybeal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!