Mexican Tortoises - cb Mexico 2014 w/paperwork - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 12:21 AM   #21
Badham
Mr. Horvith, please enlighten me with your vast knowledge. Do the locals south of the border call them Texas tortoises or something else? Let me know when your book on the subject comes out... Time to move to the thread with the black eyed map turtles, you surely can have a field day with that, or is that not your expertise?

Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #22
dhct301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badham View Post
Mr. Horvith, please enlighten me with your vast knowledge. Do the locals south of the border call them Texas tortoises or something else? Let me know when your book on the subject comes out... Time to move to the thread with the black eyed map turtles, you surely can have a field day with that, or is that not your expertise?
Whatever you say. I just made a statement that is a FACT. Do you think your funny.I don't need to be a expert a gopherus berlandier is a texas tortoise. Because a local calls it something else must be then

Old 02-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #23
chelidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhct301 View Post
I could care less if mr moore bands me for making a correction to false advertising. I'm not a conformist
Perhaps, but you're also a moron. And yeah, I'll say that to your face with my finger on your chest. You don't know me son.
Autocorrected to marginatus? That's quite a linguistically savvy autocorrect you have there. It even speaks Latin...

It's absolute truth in advertising in every sense. If he had simply stated Texas tortoise, some moron, perhaps even yourself, would have come along and argued that it couldn't possibly be a Texas tortoise if it's from Mexico. This is the fundamental reason why scientific names exist. They are intended to eliminate the ambiguity that is inherent to common names. Sorry if some of those words are too big for you, but don't worry, Google can be your friend.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:42 AM   #24
dhct301
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelidman View Post
Perhaps, but you're also a moron. And yeah, I'll say that to your face with my finger on your chest. You don't know me son.
Autocorrected to marginatus? That's quite a linguistically savvy autocorrect you have there. It even speaks Latin...

It's absolute truth in advertising in every sense. If he had simply stated Texas tortoise, some moron, perhaps even yourself, would have come along and argued that it couldn't possibly be a Texas tortoise if it's from Mexico. This is the fundamental reason why scientific names exist. They are intended to eliminate the ambiguity that is inherent to common names. Sorry if some of those words are too big for you, but don't worry, Google can be your friend.
Paul don't threaten me . You came on here being complety rude . No offense but you expect any differnt in return

Old 02-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #25
dhct301
To be threatened is funny .the rude comments send to me I defended myself.I didn't think it was correct to call it mexican. I have that right. I'm done waisting my time with this.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #26
Dennis Hultman
I will remind everyone this is the classified section not the discussion groups or the BOI. If you must continue take it to the appropriate forum.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:12 AM   #27
WebSlave
Sorry Dennis, I had to "el kabong" one member and fired a warning shot for another.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #28
Will A.
Asasa
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #29
hhmoore
Mr Ahrens,
Given that one member has been banned, and that other infractions have been issued, was further disrupting this ad really a good idea?

Old 02-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #30
Snakesatsunset
Common names do not apply, but as descriptive terms usually.
Its a tortoise, Mexican tortoise, texas tortoise, gopher tortoise, Mexican gopher tortoise, texas gopher tortoise, texas desert tortoise, tortuga, tortuga mexicana, etc etc.....in the end its a descriptive term of the locale of the animal. Mexican locale Texas Tortoise is too much typing, lol.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!