Are you a LURKER? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #91
irishanaconda
i think personally the chat room is more fun when the right people are in it....

Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #92
Lucille
No. I'm not a lurker. I'm actually shy irl but here, the basic tenet of the site is to help people make good choices in transactions and not get scammed, with side dishes of forums that provide all sorts of reptile and caging and feeding and reptile health info, and other forums that provide fun, social interaction, and an opportunity to talk about what's important to you.

I think if one realizes the BOI is out there to help the reptile community, it makes it easier to post in those threads. After all, even the shyest of us can still feel good about helping others, and one tends to forget about being shy if one is busy helping someone else.

Of course, it helps that this site has come such a long way in the years it has been here. There are rules and mods to assure that brawls are kept to a minimum. And there are a group of thoughtful, often funny, vocal people that call the site their home, and a community reputation of helping others.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #93
von Putz
Actually, I could pick several of the choices. I belong to a bearded dragon forum and followed a link from it to this site. I don't know much about reptiles, especially snakes, and up to 5 years ago, never thought I'd ever have one in my house. Darn things are addictive!

I've lurked for several years before finally registering. I rarely feel that I have much to add to the threads that I read. Most of my thoughts are almost already put down in a more coherent form by the "Big Boys(and Gals). Any thread with DAND, HHMoore, Lucille, Ridgetop Reptiles, Dennis Hultman, Mystick and of course, Critical Bill (RIP), is checked at least once a day.

I'll probably continue to lurk more than post, but now that I've put my foot in the water and didn't drown, I'll post in a few other places.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #94
Iloverhacs
It seems like when an outsider, someone new, or inexperienced posts sometimes the regulars gang up on them. It seems like a lot of the regulars takes the side of another regular by trusting that what they are saying is true, without looking at all the facts. Boi especially. If a regular is being spoken badly about everyone jumps in and immediately defends them. But if someone unknown is being ripped a new one it takes some convincing to change their mind.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #95
babyboi26
new

hi all i am new and i guess you could call me a lurker i have been off and on this site but only recently have i been posting, but mostly looking around and collecting info.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #96
RRJuggalo
I mainly come on here to check out the BOI. I didn't realize until here recently that this was an actual forum as well. If I see something that peeks my interest for a comment I will respond or if there are questions I have I'll start a thread but for the most part I really enjoy the BOI. I am however starting to look thru different threads so I am sure I will be posting more.
Tommy "RRJuggalo" Garrett

Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #97
glk832
Not everybody but some of the people on here get a lot of nerve when they sitting behind a computer and post comments that could have been keep to themselves and mess the entire thread up if I have nothing nice to say I dont say nothing I not apart of the reptiles community to make people uncomfortable...

Old 11-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #98
reptilenut69
I post from time to time. I have cycles, I might go on every day for a week or two then take a break for a few months then come back.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #99
Wiedemania
I post if I have questions, and I will post classifieds when more stuff hatches. I am not the type of guy who posts pictures of what I have and posting them just to fish for compliments.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #100
Dansolt929
I always seem to forget what I can and can't post in certain places. I'm quite the forgetful idiot like that. Ask my girlfriend lmao.
On top of that the discussion forums for most of the creatures I can relate to or help with are pretty barren. Dozens of posts in the classifieds, zip everywhere else.
I agree with the guy on page 1 who said it seemed more for business. Seems only the ball python discussion section regularly gets new threads/comments.
Posting kind of seems like a waste of time anymore, 4 or so years ago (when I last regularly logged in here,) it wasn't as bad but as I've been lurking without logging in for the last month or 2 because I forgot my password, it seems as though no one else posts regularly except the moderators and the people selling their reptiles.

That's pretty weak IMO. Maybe its just forums in general dying out, I don't know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!