Bad Guy Robert Collett - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 03:13 AM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
just hoping to avert a s**tstorm
The BOI is a place for peer review. I am not comfortable with the concept of restraining comments pertaining to a discussion prior to the discussion even taking place, it seems to me that a lot of restraint of comment would create a BOI Lite, a ladies' tea party, not appropriate for a place where people report transaction problems. There are guidelines on the site itself restricting some language and /or behavior and the vast majority adhere to the guidelines, and those who do not are taken care of by the site staff.

Here, it is the tough reputation of the BOI that propelled a resolution. It doesn't need to be neutered.
 
Old 07-08-2017, 06:15 AM   #22
nickolasanastasiou
I interpret Helen's point to be about how some who lie in wait for a throat to jump down and are by habit enthusiastically harsh when it is broadly unnecessary can make the environment less welcoming for all-sided review and feedback. I see her advocating for a calm invitation to all who would provide feedback in a constructive manner and not a silencing of cross-examination. Simply skipping the overly aggressive (as opposed to assertive) tack that is sometimes taken. There are people with real grievances who will not come here because of that. That in itself discourages the formation of a complete picture and an incomplete picture leaves the community at a loss when trying to make an evaluation.

Calmly asking for explanation is something Helen seems to be promoting as I read it. Asking and not demanding. Inviting and not fighting.
 
Old 07-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post

It is July 5 th and Robert had ceased to reply to texts, messages, and phone calls.
Did he simply stop communicating one day, or did he give any indication at all of why the delay was taking place?
 
Old 07-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #24
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The BOI is a place for peer review. I am not comfortable with the concept of restraining comments pertaining to a discussion prior to the discussion even taking place, it seems to me that a lot of restraint of comment would create a BOI Lite, a ladies' tea party, not appropriate for a place where people report transaction problems. There are guidelines on the site itself restricting some language and /or behavior and the vast majority adhere to the guidelines, and those who do not are taken care of by the site staff.

Here, it is the tough reputation of the BOI that propelled a resolution. It doesn't need to be neutered.
SPOT ON!
 
Old 07-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #25
legacy.collett
We did talk between the date of purchase and finally shipping. On May May 12 she said she was going to send payment for shipping a week from that monday with would have been the 22nd I believe. There was some correspondence and we agreed on after me.Memorial day which was the 30. There was a lapse on my end from May 28 - June 1. During some personal problems I was going through my paypal was held hostage from me until June 7. I had taken the snake to p.o. and they couldn't guarantee overnight for me. So i had to do it via fed ex and it was going to run 105$ and the shipping days where narrowed down to before Wensday because they don't deliver were she lives on the weekend and if the package was held up for some reason I didn't want it to sit over the weekend. From June 7-25 I kept having my fb and my email changed and i was logging on fb before it was taken over again. Then came the holiday weekend. After the weekend me and the buyer talked on the phone and i explained what the problem was. We reached a resolution and the animal was shipped. BOI is not the reason I decided to ship. It was finally shipped because all the extenuating circumstances had been resolved.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 01:17 AM   #26
legacy.collett
Also, i really feel like the op was very misleading in her wording. Leading everyone to believe I only popped up after 2 months with the news I had a negative BOI. Very misleading, also mentioning my Property Managment Business, it has nothing to do with each other but makes people question my business ethics as a whole. I was trying to avoid putting my personal business out on BOI as I am quit private. But I had started going through a nasty break up with my gf of 15yrs. We have 5 children together and the fb, paypal and email hijacking. There was communication between her and I about this situation. I will have to go back and look at the dates of our phone calls because there where several occasions we talked on the phone and through text. To misrepresent facts to hype the situation is not right.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #27
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy.collett View Post
We did talk between the date of purchase and finally shipping. On May May 12 she said she was going to send payment for shipping a week from that monday with would have been the 22nd I believe. There was some correspondence and we agreed on after me.Memorial day which was the 30. There was a lapse on my end from May 28 - June 1. During some personal problems I was going through my paypal was held hostage from me until June 7. I had taken the snake to p.o. and they couldn't guarantee overnight for me. So i had to do it via fed ex and it was going to run 105$ and the shipping days where narrowed down to before Wensday because they don't deliver were she lives on the weekend and if the package was held up for some reason I didn't want it to sit over the weekend. From June 7-25 I kept having my fb and my email changed and i was logging on fb before it was taken over again. Then came the holiday weekend. After the weekend me and the buyer talked on the phone and i explained what the problem was. We reached a resolution and the animal was shipped. BOI is not the reason I decided to ship. It was finally shipped because all the extenuating circumstances had been resolved.
It's illegal to ship a snake via the post office regardless.

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_008.htm

You would have had to use FedEx all along. Just to be clear.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 04:22 AM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy.collett View Post
There was a lapse on my end from May 28 - June 1. During some personal problems I was going through my paypal was held hostage from me until June 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy.collett View Post
From June 7-25 I kept having my fb and my email changed and i was logging on fb before it was taken over again. Then came the holiday weekend.

Did you call her during this time, over a month, to explain these ongoing delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy.collett View Post
BOI is not the reason I decided to ship.
Here is a quote of part of a PM the OP sent to me on July 6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensleeves
Within half an hour of being informed that his name was posted to Fauna Classified's BOI, Robert contacted me and we arranged for a shipment today.

I am waiting to see if the shipment happens and if my snake arrives alive and clean as promised.

I will post an update to the board tomorrow.

I am so thankful for the BOI board.

I do have supporting documentation and screenshots which he asked me to not post, as he is trying to start his own business. He fears the BOI would damage his credibility.

Once again, I am very thankful.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #29
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
It's illegal to ship a snake via the post office regardless.

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_008.htm

You would have had to use FedEx all along. Just to be clear.
This. Also if you go through http://www.ShipYourReptiles.com/ you get decent rates.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #30
legacy.collett
Lucille, she sent you a pm and it saying I'm trying to start my own business and fear it may affect my credibility? The only thing ever said about BOI was after she asked what was going on, and i replied because of the BOI I did not want to type any of my personal business because I knew screenshots are always asked for during These things and did not want my personal info screen shoted. Second thing, it was over three hours after she contacted about the BOI before i responded. Not 30 min. Like she claimed. My intent is to not attack Jill but her play on words, leaving parts out, and making some parts up has made this BOI look like something it's not.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[For Sale] Collett's snakes (Psuedechis colletti) CodyBartolini Venomous Snakes 0 06-09-2017 10:00 AM
Inland Taipan and Collett's pair Cmoody3430 Venomous Snakes 4 07-25-2014 03:12 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 PM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.04255104 seconds with 11 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC