Mountain Horned Dragon Chase Is ON! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Mad4You2
Mountain Horned Dragon Chase Is ON!

I weighed everyone and cleaned the baby enclosures today and took these pictures, thought you guys might enjoy seeing the 11 week old Mountain Horned Dragon hatchlings at play….
Starting positions

Getting ready

We are coming!

Here I go…

What’cha think?

Me First!

No Me!

Who Me?

The Chase is ON!

I sure am having fun with these guys….ENJOY! Angie

Old 08-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie!!

Wow thanks for posting pics of them. Ah, they are so pretty. They are really growing & getting some coloring to them as well now.
You must be so proud. How long until you think about selling them?

Tracie

Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Mad4You2
Hey Tracie....I'm not sure when they will be ready for new homes. One breeder I know is selling her babies at 4 months. She told me that it seems they grow really slow then all of a sudden BOOM they are big....we've still got about 5 weeks so I'll re-evaluate at about 4 months of age. I really want them to go to homes where they will receive the proper care so they will thrive, right now they are so small that I have to make sure they are well hydrated and the humidty is high enough so the shed won't stick and make them lose spikes and horns and toes and so forth. So....I don't know...I think I just want to keep them all! Angie

Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

I guess you will have to just see how things go! You can't sell them too young, & it is very hard to find good homes for them all that is for sure.
Good luck. It looks like they are all doing so well now.

Tracie

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #5
sykofrenic
hi, im new to this forum, but i joined so that i could find a captive bred Mountain Horned Dragon. do you still have any of your babies that you are trying to sell? i have lots of experience keeping reptiles and alredy have a habitat that would be perfect for a MHD. i have a half water half land vivarium with a waterfall, fish, and aquatic plants on one side of a 30 gallon tank and lots sturdy living plants and branches for climbing on the land side. how much are you selling your MHDs for?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
Mad4You2
Hi...my babies aren't for sale this year. They are for my CBB breeding program. I know someone who has babies if you want to PM me your email address I'll tell her that you are looking for one.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
HerpLady
Mad4You2:
I currently have 32 MHD eggs, 19 of which are close to hatching. A year ago I successfully hatched out 13 babies. They all started eating and growing well, and I was soooo excited! Then, between 6-8 weeks of age, with no changes in their caging, they all stopped eating and began dying. By the 8 week mark, they had all died. An acquaintance told me that she had had the same experience....hit the wall starting at about 6 weeks.

It sounds like you have had success in getting them past this stage. Can you help me with any tricks that will make this next effort successful? You can probably best reach me via my e-mail address: ccain@ara.com. Please help. I'd really appreciate any advice you can provide. If anyone else reads this post and has had success raising baby MHDs, please also feel free to send me your tips. Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!