Why do they Call it Tourist Season if you cant shoot them? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Why do they Call it Tourist Season if you cant shoot them?

Okay, so i really love my rants every now and then, and, i have to go to my second job in a moment, so this will be short and sweet.

Seriously.

Maybe its because im in a slightly bad mood due to a drive off today, or maybe just because of the insane amount of traffic that the berkshires seem to generate (why?.... yes i know its labor day weekend, but come on!), but, i need to know one thing.... Why. Why are people so absolutely ( not all of them mind you, but the vast majority) RETARDED? I mean honestly... and i know i mentioned this in chat last night, but how hard is it to pump ones own gas? How hard is it to READ the signs in front of you... "Pay First Please" But yet they stand there waiting for gas to magically start flowing from the nozzle. ( some have been timed at standing there for 5-10 minutes....)

Why is it, that, when a pump says "out of regular" a person Drives to each and every single pump, hoping "out of regular" wont be on that pump!? THEY'RE ALL FREAKIN CONNECTED TO THE SAME TANK! What... do they think each Pump has its own unending supply of gas!? Common sense... cmon now i know its in there somwhere!

Anyway... thats all for now. Shout out is just fun to rant in every now and then Enjoy! ( share your experiences, if you like i love reading them!)

Old 09-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
ladyserpent7
well...ive never experienced this before...but hey...at least im here to listen to your rants

Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
well...ive never experienced this before...but hey...at least im here to listen to your rants

LOL thanks love I should probably make this a saga, cause... i could write one of these every day.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
ms_terese
Sorry, Alicia I live in a tourist area as well, but certainly a different demographic than the berkshires. Seems like our "hillbillies" may be a little easier to handle than the folks you get!

One thing I'll say about the Ozarks....people are NICE here. Locals and tourists alike. I think even the visitors adopt that laid back hill country attitude while they're here. You can be in the worst traffic in the world and people will smile and wave you in, or let you cut in front when you realize you're about to miss your turn.....hold the door for you any chance they get....start up conversations about the weather or the traffic or what shows are good to see if you're stuck waiting for a table in a restaurant.

Look at the bright side....this is the last summer holiday! Now if you can get past all the Autumn leaf-watching, you'll be golden!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Junkyard
You work at a gas station, how can you not expect less?

Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
You work at a gas station, how can you not expect less?

you know.... im starting to ask myself the same question....

what i want to know is, how do these people drive around in hummers and god knows what, and have... so little... sense?

Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
ladyserpent7
well there you go...theres another thing money cant buy....common sense

Old 09-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
AncientDNA
Living at/near the Jersey Shore, I know all about dealing with traffic and retarded motorists. I've learned to revel in my road-rage though.
Instead of hating people, make fun of people, it's more effective that way. Or, at least, pleasing.
And remember, strictly statistically speaking, 50% of the population is below average.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!